PDA

View Full Version : Doese the training acadmy have the right to detain my license

danmi
13th Jan 2010, 11:48
hello everyone
I trained in one flight academy in Canada for CPL. Due to the training time exceeded much more than the contract said, I have not paid all the payment yet but partially. Now the academy detain my CPL license and logbook, refuse to deliver them to me.
I am very angry now cuz I am not able to apply any flying job. And I have to pay the loan of my training fee now.
Can I get these private properties back or not ? Are there any rules and laws from ICAO , IATA, Transport Canada Agency related the ownership of the license that support me ?
:{:{

Ballymoss
13th Jan 2010, 21:05
Due to the training time exceeded much more than the contract said, I have not paid all the payment yet but partially

I remember watching the snow and ice out of the bunkrooms at Perth (Scone as in Scotland) for three weeks with no flying! Was there any guarantee your
training would be completed within a specific timescale?

I suggest you repost your question in the Professional Flight Training forum but, don't expect your licence and logbook back anytime soon.

Rgds
The Moss:ok:

p.s. Of course I could have completely misunderstood your post and you required far more hours to train than expected:ooh:

learjet50
15th Jan 2010, 20:22
Re Your query re Licence etc

The Training school have no legal right to keep property which is in your name Its like someone taking your Passport

I would report them to the Local Police and tell them your documents have been stolen and you know who are the thief s

Unless you have signed an agreement to state they can do this they have NO Legal right to keep your property without a court order or similar for non payment

Dont let them walk over u they are ****s by the sound of it

Good Luck

Capt.Doughnut
16th Jan 2010, 12:00
... unless they are withholding your documents in lieu of debts you owe to them in which case this would most likely be a civil dispute rather than any criminal act!