View Full Version : Full or partial Scholarships in EU

miguel22
12th Jan 2010, 22:35
Hi all

I'm a new member in your forum. As you can see by the title i have some questions and advises that i would like to ear from you about this theme.

I have now 19 years old, actually studying Mechanics engineering in my home country, Portugal. I've always dreamt to be an airliners pilot. I have beeing thinking in my future as a pilot and i have some ideias about it. Probably i will finish my degree and then will to a private school taking the ATPL. BUT this is the problem. Actually i don't have like 60k to pay the ATPL so i have been searching for any scholarships programmes in Pilot training. I've heard about flybe and GAPAN, both in UK.

If possible, i want to know more schools, organizations and airliners that supports this type of training.

Thank you :ok:

Regards
Miguel

Halfwayback
13th Jan 2010, 11:25
Miguel

Welcome to the Pprune Wannabee forum!

There are lots of people here with varying amounts of experience who are very happy to help someone get their foot on the first rung of the ladder towards becoming a commercial pilot.

However, nearly all the question that you ask have been asked, and answered, many times before. If you use the Search function you will not only find your answers but you will also learn a lot about the commercial aviation industry - including the fact that there are virtually no jobs / sponsorship around at present. In fact a quick look at this forum will show you that airlines are charging pilots for their training - even though they have the necessary licences.

You may also learn that there are numerous posts regarding the path you take to get your licences - I advise a good read of the Modular / integrated threads!

Good luck.

HWB