PDA

View Full Version : Taikoo or HAECO Trainees?

Loiter1
12th Jan 2010, 06:49
Local - Sections - The Standard (http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_sec.asp?we_cat=4&d_str=20100112)

Well, looks like these poor guys have been caught up in the Swire meatgrinder. Of interest is that their contract required them to work 286hrs per month and on top of that they were doing unpaid overtime. This puts them at an average of about 70hrs per week! Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy that they were entirely alert when working on the jets. Also interesting is how HAECO is dodging and weaving and saying that they have nothing to do with it because they are legally employed by Taikoo, even though they are in Hong Kong and for all effects working for HAECO.

I feel for them, but I think this will invariably get dragged into court: after which they may have been shipped back to China for 'further training' by the Chinese government.:ooh:

Basil
12th Jan 2010, 08:48
If true that is outrageous. (Presume you meant 286/month)
Since HAECO do a lot of work for foreign airlines perhaps this should be in R&N.

Loiter1
12th Jan 2010, 09:34
Duely edited.

N1 Vibes
13th Jan 2010, 02:04
If this is on the classic HX mechanic shift of 4 on, 2 off, then that's 4 x 14hr days (56 hrs) with only 2 days off.

And fcuk me - a review of the HX Mission Statement show's worship of the dollar, shareholder, career prospects, protect the environment...........but no mention of SAFETY!!!!!!

This is truly saddening and worrying.......:uhoh:

Brgd's

N1 Vibes