PDA

View Full Version : Electronic logbook LogTen Pro and HKCAD

iflylow
12th Jan 2010, 04:42
Hey, does anyone here use LogTen Pro in Hong Kong?
Coradine Aviation Systems (http://coradine.com/)

If you specifically go to the LogTen Pro page:
Coradine Aviation Systems LogTen Pro (http://coradine.com/logten-pro/)
It looks like they have schedule importers for both CX and KA. I was browsing around their forums and it looks like there is a way (at least for CX) to import the logbook .txt file for the past two years of flying that you can request through CrewDirect directly into LogTen Pro. Just wondering if anyone has had any firsthand experience with it?

Also, when you print out the logbook, will the HKCAD accept that? LogTen Pro claims to have a HKCAD compliant template, but once again has anybody done this?

Just wondering anyone's experience with it.

Thanks.

Night Watch
12th Jan 2010, 05:17
Haven't upgraded to the latest version of Log Ten Pro, so have no experience with the import of .txt file or Roster. However I have been using the program for a few years and can confirm the the HKCAD does accept the Log book from a digital format, with no issues at all.

asianeagle
14th Jan 2010, 14:33
schedule importer works fine for me, don't know about .txt though:ok:

Phlaps 40
15th Jan 2010, 06:12
You can import any text (.csv or tab deliniated) file to LTP. Crew Direct (roster, logbook, etc) displays in HTML so you can copy and paste the data into Excel, manipulate it as you see fit and then import it to LTP.

:)

ScarebusJockey
15th Jan 2010, 07:45
Also, when you print out the logbook, will the HKCAD accept that? LogTen Pro claims to have a HKCAD compliant template, but once again has anybody done this?

Yes the HKCAD will accept it. I use a printout to get my ATPL. Very good program with great technical support.

Cheers:ok:

Subwoofer
15th Jan 2010, 07:57
Is anybody willing to post/email a page from their electronic logbook they submitted to the CAD? I wrote my own logbook on Access and have been using it for years, and don't want to switch, but have no idea how to format the e-logbook pages for CAD approval. Thanks.... PM me if it's easiest and I'll give you my email.

iflylow
15th Jan 2010, 08:11
Thanks for all the replies. I downloaded the trial and was messing around with it. Seems like a great program. However, when I generate the HK compliant report, it is missing columns for my invaluable P2X time. How do you change that?

Also, is there any way to change the font that they use to fill in the report? The handwriting font the use looks a little tacky. I was hoping for something more normal.

Thanks.

ScarebusJockey
15th Jan 2010, 08:32
I just logged it in the P2 column but added a P2X under operating capacity in 'Manage/Configure LogTen Pro...' Just change one of the custom operating capacity fields.

Cheers

EPASZ
16th Jan 2010, 03:59
U can only use it on a MAC OS?

ScarebusJockey
16th Jan 2010, 04:45
Yup, may have to move into a real OS

iflylow
16th Jan 2010, 12:05
I just logged it in the P2 column but added a P2X under operating capacity in 'Manage/Configure LogTen Pro...' Just change one of the custom operating capacity fields.

OK, so I see how to make a new category for P2X within LogTen Pro. However, are you saying that when you generate the "HK compliant" report, you just put all those P2X hours in the P2 column? Did the HKCAD accept that?

Thanks

ScarebusJockey
16th Jan 2010, 15:57
OK, so I see how to make a new category for P2X within LogTen Pro. However, are you saying that when you generate the "HK compliant" report, you just put all those P2X hours in the P2 column? Did the HKCAD accept that?

Yes, I think the main thing is to show that your operating capacity is P2X. When you put in you hours to the HKCAD they want the total time divided by 2. Easier than I thought.

Cheers

RugbyRugby
30th Jan 2010, 01:53
i've found LOG Ten working fine

made some real adjustments, but can change Font in the HKCAD Report, and it imports the Crew Direct Generated 'LogBook' after some simple work in Excel