PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a video clip

Letsby Avenue
11th Jan 2010, 14:10
Hi all - There was a video doing the rounds on the internet some time ago and I could really do with finding it.... The video features an EC135 in a low hover over a lake when, for whatever reason, a shed load of water was sucked up through the fenestron and shock loaded the transmission :D

Notional pat on the back for the person who finds it first :ok:

Brilliant Stuff
11th Jan 2010, 14:29
You are thinking of that the Bavarian Police Helicopter which was a EC135 where during training the Fenestron entered the water. It was explained to me that happened just a short time after the unit in question had converted from the BO 105 to the EC135 where this rescue maneuver had been used but due to the BO's higher tail-rotor and the 135's lower tail-rotor said incident happened.

dogpaddy
11th Jan 2010, 14:31
Mr Avenue,
I believe this may be just the ticket...
Griffin Helicopters | Video Player (http://www.griffin-helicopters.co.uk/videos/playonevideo.asp?videokey=402)
dp

skadi
11th Jan 2010, 14:41
You are thinking of that the Bavarian Police Helicopter which was a EC135 where during training the Fenestron entered the water. It was explained to me that happened just a short time after the unit in question had converted from the BO 105 to the EC135 where this rescue maneuver had been used but due to the BO's higher tail-rotor and the 135's lower tail-rotor said incident happened.

Thats right, it happend during some high floodings of the river Donau. They rescued a person out of the river and it was filmed by a second EC 135 of the bavarian police. Originally the helicopters mission was to fly around a bavarian minister over the flooded areas. As far as i remember, the inspection of the helicopter afterwards showed no damage...

skadi

Letsby Avenue
11th Jan 2010, 16:28
That was quick:) I checked that site as well :ouch:

Anybody found it in a larger resolution?

dogpaddy - Consider yourself suitably patted on the back :ok::ok:

VeeAny
11th Jan 2010, 16:52
Letsby

I am currently working on V2 of the Griffin Site, its not yet finished but here is the same video on the new site. Most of the new site works but I've not yet released it to the general public yet so it can at best be considerd a beta version.

Griffin Helicopters | Video Player (http://www.griffin-helicopters.co.uk/playonevideo.aspx?videokey=402)

I am not sure if its any higher resolultion but it can be expanded to full screen by double clicking on the player while the video is playing a bit like You Tube.

Cheers

Gary

Letsby Avenue
11th Jan 2010, 22:00
Perfect.... Thanks chaps:cool:

heated ice detector
13th Jan 2010, 13:03
If anybody else wants to be tested,
I remember a video of a f4 phantom taking off near vertical and a Sik skycrane climbing next to it at the same ROC,
some airshow somewhere.
when do you want me to turn the stopwatch on.:)

hef
13th Jan 2010, 21:00
Hi all,

Sorry for another one of these messages, but I would like to find a video clip that was youtube about 12 months ago, I can't seem to find it anymore.

The camera is onboard a Police Hughes/MD 500 somewhere in the USA. The engine fails over a city at night and they crash (by memory) into powerlines. Two men are on board and you can clearly hear radio calls on the police radio. The engine out horn is going etc.

Any help would be great :ok:

hef

VeeAny
13th Jan 2010, 21:39
Hef

Is this the one you are looking for ? Griffin Helicopters | Video Player | A 333 Suffers engine failure at night. < (http://www.griffin-helicopters.co.uk/videos/playonevideo.aspx?videokey=450)

It's a 333 that suffers an engine failure at night on police ops in the states.

Unfortunately having suffered a disk crash today I can't make the video play in the page as my development machine is in need of some serious TLC so all work on the new Griffin site is temporarily stopped, but the download link does work I've just tried it from IE / Media Player.

Gary

slingyerhook
13th Jan 2010, 22:09
Hef,

Is this the vid?

JuURNWQYfFk

Cheers.

SYH

hef
13th Jan 2010, 22:36
That is it, thanks! Sounds like a 500 but it could be a 333, I've never had anything to do with one.

I obviously didn't spend enough time searching on youtube....

Listening between 00.5 and 0.14 sure sends a shiver down my spine.

Pilot DAR
14th Jan 2010, 01:37
I thought of this one of a 155, when I read your request...

6Go52r1MjdQ
(http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/heli-in-water-crash.wmv)