PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed Flight Dispatchers

Jech
11th Jan 2010, 07:11
Hi.. I've been having a hard time looking for a job as a Flight Operation Officer/Flight Dispatcher. I got my license from my training but still has no opportunity here in the Philippines.

I need an advice. i know i cant jump to as a Flight Dispatcher. they need exp. but how can i gain exp if no one is hiring an inexperienced employee.

i had an experience but only as an assistant or practicum-er/on-the job trainee Flight Dispatcher with a total of (870hrs or 7 months). Ive been working hard to get a license and unfortunately, they hired with exp.

Is there an agency or company that trains employee to be hired by them?

desertopsguy
11th Jan 2010, 08:50
Your problem is one facing many newly qualified flight dispatchers, it can be tough to land that first job.

One thing you might try is going on Wikipedia, there is a function, when you do a search, that can show you all current airlines based in phillipines or any other country for that matter. This will also give you their websites. You can then go through them all to see who is hiring or what the contact details are.

All the best.
D.O.G

nick 86
11th Jan 2010, 14:22
I am thinking about taking a foundation course in aviation and then moving on to advanced ground ops and dispatch. this may take 2 years but still does not make me a qualified dispatcher is there other ways to become qualified? I am in construction at the minute but love the idea of the dispatcher role please help!

desertopsguy
12th Jan 2010, 05:36
Hi Nick,

I'm not sure why it will take 2yrs for you to do this but if you check out some other posts here you will see info on the new flight operations officer course being started in UK. I don't know how long it will take or what it costs but I'm sure there are plenty of guys here who do know.

Other than that, if you wanted an FAA licence there are several schools in the USA that you could go to and that would take you about 8weeks and cost about 6,000USD plus flights and accomm.

All the best.

nick 86
12th Jan 2010, 12:00
Cheers thanks for your help!