PDA

View Full Version : Long delay at Lyon?

Alanwsg
10th Jan 2010, 10:07
Had a message from a friend who is on the way to Val d'Isere that they were stuck on the runway at Lyon airport for 14 hours unable to get off the plane last night.
Is that a credible story or are they winding me up?

raffele
10th Jan 2010, 10:43
Sounds like a wind up because if it was 14 hours and overnight, then I'm sure the EC Air Passenger Right would have kicked in and they'd have had their airfare refunded...

ab33t
10th Jan 2010, 11:38
I dont think the toilets would last 14 hours , never mind the food

ExXB
10th Jan 2010, 12:04
Regulation 261/2004 does not regulate 'tarmac delays'.

And please, don't give them any ideas. These types of delays are usually (but not always) due to faults at the airport and/or ATC - not the fault (or solely the fault) of the airlines. Let's not penalize airlines for this - let's find solutions so it doesn't happen.

MathFox
10th Jan 2010, 12:11
I saw this report Luchtvaartnieuws: dagelijks actueel luchtvaartnieuws (http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?ID=33403) (in Dutch) saying that about 1000 passengers had to spend the night at the airport in Lyon. It does not mention "stuck in a plane" specifically.

caaardiff
10th Jan 2010, 13:05
Several flights from CMF had to divert to LYS due weather at CMF. Passengers kept on board as LYS unable to handle aircraft. Majority of flights returned to UK with outbound pax still on. CWL-CMF took off from CWL 0730 and returned to CWL with same pax, landing at 1840