View Full Version : EK Security Incident Heathrow

Heritage 1
9th Jan 2010, 16:22
Sky news is reporting an incident on an EK flight out of Heathrow where three people were arrested for making threats. Looked quite nasty. Anyone heard any details?

ab33t
9th Jan 2010, 17:24
People still think they can make jokes about the sitaution, secuirty take a dim view of this .

Capetonian
9th Jan 2010, 17:30
Amazing isn't it? I checked in for a flight LGW-DXB and the double u anker in front of me answered "Do you have any knives or sharp objects .....?"
with: "Just a pocket sized machete to cut up my dinner."

He obviously thought he was very funny and was still laughing at his own joke when security arrived to take him away.

wapses
9th Jan 2010, 21:12
Thing is, it's a sad old world when you can't have a joke with people.

muppet in the sky
9th Jan 2010, 21:29
Do agree with wapses, if a person jokes around like what was mentioned in capetonian's post. It should not mean that he is threat, but I do agree it was a tasteless joke....

Capetonian
9th Jan 2010, 23:09
Yes, you are right, but under today's conditions I would have thought that anyone more intelligent than an amoeba would realise that this is not the place to make jokes of that nature.

CDRW
10th Jan 2010, 08:36
Imagine if you replied ' Well, I did have a particularly nasty vidaloo last night, and I am suffering from explosive farting"!!