PDA

View Full Version : Let410 Type Rating

aamandani
9th Jan 2010, 09:41
Can anyone shed some info if you can get a LET410 type rating in Mombasa,Kenya. If yes which company is doing it and who to contact. Aswell as the cost for the rating there. Any info will be much appreciated.

Happy Landings.

ab33t
9th Jan 2010, 17:05
The only way you are going to get a 410 TR is by contacting soemone with a 410 and a TRE

greenno
10th Jan 2010, 08:04
Aircraft Industries - LET, AIRCRAFT (http://www.let.cz/index.php?sec=34)

yanafrica
12th Jan 2010, 16:52
Try this for a TR

Flight Training Centre Ostrava - (http://www.letsfly.cz/index.php?lang=eng)

aamandani
13th Jan 2010, 08:57
thanks alot for the info..appreciate it but i have already contacted this flight training centre in ostrava and its very expensive...about 12000 euros that is why i wanted to get some info about mombasa to see if it would be any cheaper...if u can provide me info on that or any other company would really appreciate..thanks..

happy landings..

perceval
15th Jan 2010, 12:06
On which licence do you want your TR endorsed ? Tanzanian ? Kenyan ? JAA ? SACAA ?

First things first ,

Then I might be able to help you with infos .

aamandani
15th Jan 2010, 17:40
hey...i have an FAA and Tanzanian licence..I want it to be endorsed on my tanzanian licence after I get the rating. Thanks..

perceval
17th Jan 2010, 14:25
OK , that works out . Ask TCAA if they will accept a kenyan TR (F64) or if you will have to redo a flight test on a 5H aircraft .
In Mombasa , you have two companies : Mombasa air safari . (.com for the website) and Blue sky aviation . I'm sure they can help you with your TR . Count a minimum of 3(P2) or 5 (P1) hours before flight test , and you'll have to do your TTR in Nairobi . Why not do it directly with a TZ operator ? (Zan Air or Air Excel ) .BTW If you want to do it in Ostrava for a cheaper price , Mention that you are NOT living in the EU and that you request a VAT exemption (-20 percent !) .It worked for me . And their price used to include hotel and transportation . There's also another training center in Slovakia which is supposed to be cheaper . I'll try to get their contacts . Additionally , you could contact Air-tech in RSA . I believe they do Type training . Good luck

aamandani
17th Jan 2010, 19:21
hey..

thanks very much for all the information..firstly, no tanzanian operator is doing the type rating..they want their pilots to come with the rating or rather send them to ostrava..the price i was told last week when i contacted ostrava was 11,850 euros without VAT..i was told VAT is 20%..so if they exempted me that 20% it would still be very expensive..and that price was without accomodation..the training centre told me they will get me an accomodation in at hotel for which i will have to pay 45 euros per day extra..

secondly, i had contacted blue sky aviation last week and received an email from the MD that first i would need a kenyan licence and then he just stated that they only give TR to their potential pilots. I replied to him saying i could get my kenyan licence myself and do the conversion will you then provide me with the rating? but so far no answer...if you do find anything about slovakia do let me know..thanks alot for your kind help..have a good day..

happy landings...

Rfortes
9th Feb 2010, 09:45
hi aamandani,
Are you still planning to do your LET TR in Ostrava?
Let me know as I would be interested in doing some Sim sessions...

Rfortes

kunguru
10th Feb 2010, 13:09
HI aamamdani,
Greetings. Why are you after Let-410 ratings? Go for ATR rating and you can get job in west africa and also in ASIA. I heard that Precisionair of TANZANIA are looking for pilots with the ratings. Wish you GOOOD LUCK.

perceval
12th Feb 2010, 12:02
An ATR rating is easily double the amount with No job guarantee either .
BTW , getting your kenyan licence might be quite time consuming if you are non-citizen (not impossible but time is money ...) . Have you tried Mombasa air ? and get in touch with the respective CAA's to see if they'd accept cross ratings ?... The slovak sim is not approved as such so no good .Looks like Martin has a monopoly in Ostrava unfortunately . You can get cheaper accomodation on your own in Pribor (v.close from FTO) . Don't fly into Ostrava , but take a train from Prague (huge savings ! ) . Food and drinks are pretty reasonable in CR .every little help .
PS : Try contacting Eagle Air in Uganda as well .They might be easier than the Kenyans .

aamandani
19th Feb 2010, 07:29
thanks guys for all your help so far..actually i have planned on not getting the Let rating as i dont hve a guranteed job for it and have something else coming in aswell..about the ATR its also a waste of time as I personally have not received any positive response from Precision Air...but if i do plan on doing the Let rating i would certainly try all the above..ur help is much appreacited..thanks..

happy landings!!