PDA

View Full Version : Ex EGKB Citation

airgirl
7th Jan 2010, 22:46
Does anyone happen to know if or when the accident report is likely to be out for the Citation that went in shortly after take off from Biggin (must be nearly 2 years ago now).

Thanks

Gulfstreamaviator
8th Jan 2010, 08:14
IF it was an illegal charter, and IF the CAA SRG had been aware of the operation, then there would be a real reluctance to publish.

IF it was a clear case of mtce or fuel or just pilot error, the report would have been published a long time ago.

Similar accident here, and NO report published....

Politics. Perhaps the new lady will start singing. (not certain if she is fat.)

glf

NuName
8th Jan 2010, 09:46
Never mind the IF's, they are not relevant. Two experienced and much liked pilots, and passengers, died when something went wrong in an aircraft they both knew well. Certainly my only interest is to know what that was. I have heard that the destruction was so complete that it may not be possible to prove the cause 100%.

Gulfstreamaviator
8th Jan 2010, 13:39
I knew one pilot very very well several years ago.

I know the mtce orgn very well.

I know Biggin very well.

I have a good reason to know the reason, and unless there is a political reason the we should know.

(not one IF in this post.)

glf

CL300
8th Jan 2010, 16:51
GLF, I am all in with you on this one. I knew too well both of them...and all the P's in their behaviour.
Besides , it is not because people are nice and charming that they cannot do :mad: things.

NuName
8th Jan 2010, 16:55
CL300, I will try to understand wht the **** you are trying to say before I make a comment.

CL300
8th Jan 2010, 18:27
Have a guess, I am not going to put a tag on this specific flight. But a nice person can do stupid things (for example).

Vino Collapso
8th Jan 2010, 22:02
I think you will find that the legalities of this event are not being followed by the regulator. Quite rightly so.

The AAIB will not want to get involved in legalities other than a passing comment.

The issue will be claims by the estates of the deceased who may try to use the AAIB report in their position. So the AAIB will take extra care in ensuring that blame is not evident in their findings.

Also the lack of significant amounts of evidence will make any conclusion difficult if a definite mechanical or operational fault is not apparent.

clivewatson
10th Jan 2010, 00:50
Well said vino....wtf has any speculation regarding the purpose of the flight got to do with the final outcome? And who gives a flying :mad: if one correspondent knows the airfield well, or indeed the maintenance organisation? I know that much, and probably more, but I have no idea what happened on that day tragic day. I wish I did, but that is all I hope to learn.

NuName
10th Jan 2010, 03:19
Nice one Clive, interesting how the "holier than thou" seem to emerge on this website when there is a chance to pontificate, you don't seem to meet them out there in the real world so much. Let he without sin.............:suspect:

Gulfstreamaviator
10th Jan 2010, 05:41
is actually my prefered pontification.

The reference to knowing Biggin, implies that I know the people as much as the airfield.

I would be surprised that the AAIB take the implementation of Inheritance Tax into the final reports conclusions.

I like all here just want a factual report, that explains the circumstances and events that in the eyes of the AAIB probably caused the loss.

glf

Vino Collapso
10th Jan 2010, 09:47
I like all here just want a factual report, that explains the circumstances and events that in the eyes of the AAIB probably caused the loss.

Many people would like to see a report after this length of time, even just an update would be something. The deafening silence from AAIB suggests that they will publish something with no 'conclusion', just a 'we have not got a clue why' type statement.

A factual report may be too much to expect.

airgirl
12th Jan 2010, 11:50
Hey guys, I am sorry if this has stirred up some kind of hornets nest. I am only interested in the facts of what happened that day. As a Biggin based pilot, you do tend to have an interest in what went wrong. I am not interested in finger pointing or apportioning blame, just facts.

Sorry if I have inadvertently caused any offence to anyone or stirred something up! I dont post on here often enough to be 'up' with what is or is not a contencious issue.

Apologies if required :confused:

Gulfstreamaviator
12th Jan 2010, 12:41
Also Biggin based...even if not all the year round.

Closure is really all we are all asking.

glf

Pace
12th Jan 2010, 12:45
AirGirl

I too knew the pilot well and actually flew the aircraft before she changed hands into Biggin.

Having then flown another 500 since that crash for another owner it was worrying flying it that there maybe some unknown fault which could bring a 500 down?

We all want to know what brought that aircraft down from circuit height and in level flight?

Strange thing I was in the USA with an ex FAA AI who is an examiner now and very experienced and knowledgable with citations and air accident investigations.

Without hesitation he referred to the nose door coming open as if it was fact .The locks on those old citations are notoriously flimsy.

The fact is we may never know! the engines in the first reports seem to be undamaged pre crash and there was not much left of the airframe after so it may end up as your guess is as good as mine?

The illegal charter part as to whether it was or was not appears to be irrelevant to the actual crash. Illegal charter while maybe relevant to an insurance claim is totally irrelevant in itself to an air crash.

Pace