PDA

View Full Version : DHL Leipzig Interview

any name will do
7th Jan 2010, 16:59
Does anyone have any information regarding DHL interviews. Questions asked, feedback etc. Have one coming up soon and would appreciate any help.:ok:

Barograph
7th Jan 2010, 17:22
Hi!

May ask you at which DHL Company (DHL UK or EAT) you have your interview?

Rgds
Baro

any name will do
7th Jan 2010, 18:21
DHL UK at EMA

although it is for a leipzig base

smo-kin-hole
8th Jan 2010, 17:16
Small word of caution. You might already be talking to your interviewer.:ooh:

PAPI-74
12th Jan 2010, 17:58
Great - another low houred bod taking a job.

flyvirgin
12th Jan 2010, 19:49
PAPI, Dont you think that comment was a tad harsh! i'm sure you was a young low houred pilot, once upon a time,
Everyone has to start somewhere!:ok:

marsipulami
12th Jan 2010, 20:09
Well, even though I'm already flying for 10 years I would be more than happy to accept a job like this as these companies offer a package that perfectly suits a private life and many friends do confirm this by working for this company.

r1flyguy35
13th Jan 2010, 12:20
Papi is just another one of those bitter Pprune poster boys:ugh:

Just to rub salt in your wounds...

260 hours first job wide body jet...
self funded modular studies whilst holding down a perfectly good full time job!!!

Day_Dreamer
13th Jan 2010, 13:04
DHL Air Interview is straight forward but depends on the level of the interviewee's experience.
Usuall HR + a F/O who has been doing this job for a couple of years.
Don't discount him as they take his view seriously in the office.
Some experienced Captains have fallen foul of him.
Once the interview is over and all the written tests completed (Physco etc) the next stage is a simulator test lasting about 30 mins. Again the content varies upon the level of experience. You might meet the F/O again at this stage.

Would be able to give better info if I knew the experience level of the applicant.

If 350 hours per year (Max) suits you and you are not trying the commuting to Leipzig route its a good life and reasonably well paid.
T&C's not good but better than some.

RAFAT
13th Jan 2010, 13:29
DD - is commuting to Leipzig not a practical option for UK-based crew?

luvly jubbly
13th Jan 2010, 18:19
Great - another low houred bod taking a job.

Actually, most of us unemployed ex-Globespan 767 drivers have interviews coming up there. :mad:

Day_Dreamer
13th Jan 2010, 18:41
Things are improving on the commuting front as some F/O's and Capt's are returning to EMA.
But the jump seats are at a premium at the weekend in both directions, with EMA based crews having priority.
Also there are "Nomads" who currently commute from different European cities.
Any jump seats remaining are alocated to commuters on a first come first served basis.
The good point is that the rosters are usually out sufficiently in advance (4-6 weeks) to book cheap LoCo tickets from Easy or Ryanair.
Berlin and Altenburg are the nearest destinations with rail or bus to Leipzig.
HR will tell you commuting is possible but that you are responsible for being at LEJ for Standbys and Duty.
Under the Fatigue Risk Management System (FRMS) long distance commuting immediately prior to operating is frowned upon, but is possible.
Bear in mind the roster may show a single or two sector night on night 1, but could easily turn into a three or four sector night due to network changes.
Expect frequent airport standby's and home standby's being upgraded to airport at short notice. Airport is 45mins to wheels up and home 90mins.
Flight Duty pay LEJ based about £300 per month, with about 25-35 flying hours, so expect a lot of waiting about in the crew room at LEJ between sectors.
Hope this helps.
PM has been replied to.

woofly31
13th Jan 2010, 19:14
What sort of experience do guys have attending these interviews, are they taking Type Rated 757 767 crew only, or is this a cadet entry interview. I believe they have taken guys in the past direct from an FTO?

RAFAT
13th Jan 2010, 22:10
Thanks DD.

Council Van - I appreciate that you might have missed another opportunity by holding out for a DHL position, but if we are to make our profession a prestigious one again (as per another topic) let's start acting together and not just think about ourselves all the time. :=

In other words be happy for the unfortunate Globespan guys who have DHL interviews coming up. :D

RAFAT
14th Jan 2010, 13:04
Council Van - I was made redundant in July 2008 when the downturn was just beginning and I haven't worked since! Is that enough to make you feel a little more positive?

Oh, and not forgetting that my Employer's Contract stated that even in the case of redundancy I had to repay my bond which had two thirds of it remaining! :ouch:

Even given the above I know that there are almost certainly pilots out there that are far worse off than I.

deltahotel
14th Jan 2010, 16:43
Good luck to you all in your applications to DHL - honestly have no idea what recruiting is happening. DD is quite right - if you can 1. make the commuting work (or relocate to Leipzig) 2. don't expect to amass hours quickly. 3. can cope with frequent changes then come on in, the water's lovely! Freight is not everyone's cup of tea, but short, busy sectors to some nice destinations, good colleagues, job security pretty good and long haul flying available.......

Suits me fine!

DH

Night_fr8
15th Jan 2010, 10:04
Spoke to the Chief Pilot recently.
Type rated pilots first.
Those with Jet experience next.
Maybe and its a BIG maybe some Cadets later.
Those in the holding pool and not type rated come in the second category, and before new hires.

The type rated first principle is simply a cost effective way of getting people in, with the added advantage that the training time span is shorter, and cost effective.

I endorse DD, if you plan to commute its the hard option, and always have a LoCo ticket incase you cant jumpseat.

Those out there looking who have experience, dont rely upon BALPA or other job finders, keep plugging away, there are a very few jobs out there even in the UK.
If the familly can bear it try the sandbox !!!

For those leaving training I know several of you and its been hard, but dispite what has been posted on this site by several wallies, the only route open to you is the SSTR but only if there is a firm job at the end of the training.
You are NOT reducing the T&C's or driving down standards, you will fill the vacancies that are there and reduce the airlines costs, which in turn may help the airlines weather this storm.

My sympathies are with those who have experience and have been out on the heap for some time, I went through the same problems in the early 80's
Where less experienced pilots were recruited before those with several hundred / thousand hours.
Hang in there, its easy to say that when like me you are employed but, I can assure you things will change, it did for me but I had to go back to airtaxi first just like many to keep current and feed myself.
Even then I had to pay my own rating and no pay until licence endorsed.
So this SSTR is not a new happening, its been there for many years just not so out in the open.

PM if advice or help needed

BBFive
15th Jan 2010, 11:22
DayDreamer stated:
Flight Duty pay LEJ based about £300 per month, with about 25-35 flying hours, so expect a lot of waiting about in the crew room at LEJ between sectors

When you say Flight Duty pay , is that your total pay/salary or is there something else??? If not what is the normal pay for that job??
Just Wondering.
BBfive

Night_fr8
15th Jan 2010, 12:09
Usual pay Circa £50000
The figure quoted was in addition some call it Per Diem others flight pay.
£2.50 per hour on duty.
Loss of licence, Private health etc and pension in addition.

helldog
15th Jan 2010, 20:49
Actually, most of us unemployed ex-Globespan 767 drivers have interviews coming up there.

Great another highly experienced type rated bod taking a job :ok:

airfixed
19th Jan 2010, 08:34
I was fortunate enough to be taken on by DHL last year and am enjoying every minute. Basing in LEJ works with commuting - but can be stressful when trying to get on the last flight home as you are bottom of the jumpseat list, you must always have a plan B in case you don't get on. LEJ works best if you live here. There can be frequent roster changes during a trip (nature of the beast), however you always start and finish as published. Night flying isn't for everyone but if you can hack the minor inconvenience you are compensated with reasonable time off and a really good bunch of flying colleagues.

bumba
21st Jan 2010, 11:27
... any news for the 2010 hiring plan?

helldog
21st Jan 2010, 11:41
I would like to know how many guys they will take on. I would apply for this job as it appeals to my. I think they will be quite saturated at the moment though with very experienced applicants.

portsharbourflyer
23rd Jan 2010, 13:44
Is Anna Shapcott still the HR contact for DHL UK?

cTcPilot
25th Jan 2010, 23:26
No, Its Ginny you want to get in touch with now! Contact details on ppjn.
So did many apply in the end? Im sure some from my previous airline have! And just to let some of my old freinds know that Im not in touch with I am leaving the yellow jets to fly a blue and red jet in the middle east so there is another job vacant now :ok: Goodluck guys

flyhalf2
5th Feb 2010, 08:44
Roster. For an FO.

I currently get, 4-5 on, 3-4 off. sometimes I might be away for 6-7 day then have 5-6 off.
Feb for example; 8 days leave, 4 on, 4 off, 2 sim, 5 off, 5 on, 3 off.
There's talk of a fixed roster coming back week on week off, but don't hold your breath!!!
Captains seem to work a lot harder, with shorter day off breaks.
Depending on where you live some of your days off will be used to travel to Leipzig. I live in the UK and travel, I can make it work. If I lived in Leipzig it would be a doddle.
Everything moves at night, we arrive in LEJ from all over Europe at between 9pm and midnight. Sit around drinking coffee and putting the world to rights. Then scamble at between 1am and 4am.
We get to the hotel in time for breakfast, go to bed and sleep. Some stops are short 11-12 hrs, so enough time to sleep, eat, shower and off! Others can be 24-36 hrs, enough to get out to see the city, eat out and get drunk (safely). We meet up and go to the airport in the evening to go back to LEJ, for another coffee and put the world to rights again.
Last year I did 280 hrs and saw several new cities, sat in squares and piazzas drinking coffee in the sun watching the world go by. Colleagues are great, work easy if you have the right frame of mind. Management poor, they don't plan, just fire fight, man management nil!!!

Good luck and enjoy, maybe see you in Leipzig crew room for pork and potatoes...

gilbertmchris
19th Feb 2010, 16:24
Hi, am thinking of applying as it's time I moved on up in my career and it sounds like a fairly relaxed job, coming from a small airline I don’t really fancy a massive base with an orange plane...

There are obviously people who make the commute from the UK work and those who don’t, for those that live in Leipzig, what's it like?
Is there part time accommodation/house share used regularly by crews splitting their time between there and the UK?

I have no problem with re-locating there but would prefer to keep my house in England if I were able to make some use of it.

As I am not rated, does anyone know what the training arrangements/bond are?

Is there currently a hold pool of experienced un-rated pilots waiting for courses?

Finally, do I have to wait for them to advertise vacancies or is a CV with a covering letter a good start?

Cheers

Chris

Honiley
22nd Feb 2010, 07:08
Hi Chris,

If you're not rated, I wouldn't hold out much hope, what little recruitment HAS happened has been filled with type-rated guys from Globespan and redundant Thomson pilots.

Also, there is a hold pool of un-type rated pilots who have passed the assessment!

pilot82
30th Mar 2010, 19:04
Hello guys does somebody know what kind of questions they would make during the interview at EAT DHL ?appreciate it.ciao

J.I.P
31st Mar 2010, 12:32
Wow, EAT hiring again? 757 or A300?

pilot82
31st Mar 2010, 15:19
no it was just a question in case.ciao

Black Knat
31st Mar 2010, 20:04
Besides, EAT don't have any A300s

pilot82
9th Apr 2010, 14:26
Hello Guys and goodafternoon if anybody from this forum works for DHL based in LEJ, germany do you have any usefull information regarding accomodations, houses for rent or residence?, if you any useful info please contact me in pvt msg or in the forum as you prefer.
ciao and happy landings

BravoDelta
9th Apr 2010, 16:02
try:

Wohnungen, Immobilien und Häuser bei ImmobilienScout24 mieten, kaufen, inserieren (http://www.immobilienscout24.de/de/finden/wohnen/index.jsp)

site is in german language, but should be doable...
The listings are pretty accurate and up to date.
In general, appartments & houses r pretty cheap compared to other places in europe.

Lookup for city of Leipzig (or if nightlife is not important, but cost are, try Schkeuditz )

good luck!

pilot82
11th Apr 2010, 01:37
thanks a lot
regards

pilot82
7th May 2010, 19:38
monk i think you are wrong

SMT Member
8th May 2010, 09:30
Well done Monk - only took you one post to demonstrate your complete lack of knowledge. Most trolls take quite a few more to achieve the same.

Dash2Class
9th May 2010, 12:33
Monk you :mad:

pilot82
9th May 2010, 17:12
I don't think monk is even a pilot or wha aviation is you know what be respectful to the many professionals that are trying to find a job..

Mr Angry from Purley
10th Jun 2010, 17:16
L188
DHL AIR are recruiting presently. Looking for type rated 75 Pilots first. Don't bother applying if LEJ basing doesn't excite you....:\

neil armstrong
10th Jun 2010, 19:35
He Mr Angry,

got a 757 rating and a house in LEJ, will they hire me?

Neil:}

Sam Crow
11th Jun 2010, 16:01
why don't you apply Neil, TMIC might die of laughter:rolleyes:

HiddenDragon
11th Jun 2010, 16:56
Hi to all,
What do you think about being with Contractair for DHL in Leipzig?
Can we go direct to DHL for a contract or not?
And what about the working conditions for a guy commuting in LEJ?

Regards

Mr Angry from Purley
11th Jun 2010, 17:57
Buggar off Neil or i'll get angry.:\

Hidden - you could go direct but commuting is difficult, ask Neil he's got a house in LEJ but he was never there when needed .... If via Contractair that is covered as transport is provided

HiddenDragon
11th Jun 2010, 19:19
Contractair says that it will be a 9/5 or 6/3 roster. I live in Portugal
Never worked with brokers. Dont know anything about them!
Why do you affirm that commuting is hard?

REGARDS

Mr Angry from Purley
14th Jun 2010, 18:03
Hidden
It would be neither of those. It's not impossible to commute from Portugal but it's always your time wasted. Guess it depends if you have a job or not:\

stansdead
20th Jun 2010, 21:17
Is this FO or Captain recruitment for LEJ?

Thanks for any info!!

deltahotel
23rd Jun 2010, 09:38
FOs. There may be a few DECs, but they will be short term contract only. Good luck, DH

zerograv
2nd Jul 2010, 22:35
Sorry for going off topic ....

How is the issue of fumes in the Air Conditioning going? Still happening? Has been fixed?

All the best to everyone going for selection!!!

Safe flights,
Zero

HiddenDragon
17th Jul 2010, 22:47
Any clues of how was last assessment for DHL on 1st July?

Regards

caravan29
12th Sep 2010, 09:33
Good morning guys,
are there any news about recruitment for DHL UK?
Trying to get in since years ;-(
Unfortunately I'm not Type Rated
greetings caravan29

SmilingKnifed
26th Jan 2011, 20:09
Excuse me dragging this thread up folks!

I have an interview coming up with DHL Air UK (I've been chasing it for 2 years) for the LEJ base.

Just wondered if anyone had any up to date info to help me with prep for the interview (in exchange for beers of course!). Also, I'm giving consideration to commuting to LEJ from Athens (where my girlfriend lives, although she's prepared to move if necessary). I realise all the requirements regarding back up tickets and reporting refreshed and ready to go, but do people consider it realistic? My plan was to try to claim non-resident tax status with HMRC. I'm more than happy to drop the whole plan and relocate to LEJ if it's what's needed. I've been chasing the job too long to screw it up!

Any info/advice much appreciated. PM if required :)

Steady State Line
2nd Feb 2011, 14:17
Hello guys, I'm new here...

I pull this thread out of the list, because I've just received fresh news from them. I got 2 days for an interview, end of february 2011.

Anybody has any valuable info concerning the recruitment process? I know it's quite standard like psychotest, sim session, technical interview... But what else?

Thanks by advance!

pilotman330
3rd Feb 2011, 23:47
Steady State Line: Check MP

silvair
28th Feb 2011, 21:41
Hi guys,

I am knew here.

I will have an DHL assessment early March and no ideia of what to expect.

Anyone here with previous experience to share?

Thanks in advance,

NM

Jarema
1st Mar 2011, 14:07
Is FO salary- about 50k GBP after or before tax?

Moonwalker
1st Mar 2011, 18:45
Without knowing the facts.... most likely before! Otherwise it's well too good to be true these days ;)

Best foot forward
1st Mar 2011, 19:13
Depends on whether you are an LEP, type rated or non type rated. Type rated with experience and you might get a full pay contract.

Snoop
3rd Mar 2011, 07:15
The information I have got is

S/O approx £28000 first year I think it goes up to £32000 second year
F/O approx £43000 first year rising to £49000 second year

UK tax an NI has to be taken out of this.

I do not know the criteria that puts you in first or second officer band.

All new hires will be expected to live near Leipzig. If you don't want to live there, don't waste your time applying. It is not the easiest part of Germany to get to. There are no direct pax flights to the UK. It takes about 1 1/2 hours from Berlin by car or train.

Hope this helps.

blueskiesup
5th Mar 2011, 16:15
Altenburg's 20-30 miles south of Liepzig. Ryanair fly there from Stansted.

airfixed
5th Mar 2011, 17:08
Unfortunately AOC (Altenburg) will no longer be served by Ryanair from the end of March. Speaking to the check in staff today they are ever hopeful of an eleventh hour reprive but it is not looking good. In fact it looks like the airport will close completely after the final Ryanair flight. Meaning the best connections are either via train and SXF/TXL or Germanwings LEJ - CGN then easyJet to the UK. There is also a daily direct DRS - LHR with LH. Such a shame LEJ is not utilized for UK flights, it has some excellent facilities and is well under used.

deltahotel
6th Mar 2011, 09:19
Or a commercial flight to any of the airports served by DHL and that have evening freighters to LEJ. eg bgy, waw, muc, str, ams, cdg, vit, lys, bru. just a thought.

ICING AOA
9th Mar 2011, 08:59
Or a commercial flight to any of the airports served by DHL and that have evening freighters to LEJ. eg bgy, waw, muc, str, ams, cdg, vit, lys, bru. just a thought

:= That's exhausting and pretty much risky I would say.

underread east
9th Mar 2011, 10:22
Exhausting? If you are responsible - and all those who do this I know are - you will ensure you get to LEJ in time to achieve adequate rest prior to operating.

ICING AOA
9th Mar 2011, 11:05
No doubt that most people are responsible, but commuting is exhausting, especially when you have to catch several flights. It's only fine when you have lots of direct and cheap flights every day. Otherwise, what if your first flight is delayed or cancelled? what if DHL flight is delayed also, or no jumpseats are available? will you get to your base on time? you can always get a backup plan and take a very early flight and then wait during hours and hours in the airport terminal or in a hotel room (at your own expense), or you can commute the day before your duties and get bored in a cheap hotel room during your lasts 2 days off. At the end that's a crappy lifestyle. You'll spend your days ON away from home and family, and exactly the same will actually happen during most of your days OFF. It's even better to live at LEJ with your family. :ouch: :\

airfixed
9th Mar 2011, 15:18
Best solution undoubtedly is to live in/near LEJ. However it is possible to commute and avoid hotels and "hub" living by sharing an apartment. This can work out surprisingly reasonable and relatively hassle free.

WX Man
9th Mar 2011, 18:56
Are they still looking for bods? I'm not TR, but quite fancy the idea of living in/near LEP. T'other day I was there and it doesn't look like a bad place; and I need a change of scenery. On top of that, reading this thread, they seem to be a good bunch to work for.

deltahotel
9th Mar 2011, 19:07
We are still recruiting and we are a nice bunch!

WX Man
10th Mar 2011, 04:50
That's good to know. PPJN says 1500 TT with 500 jet or TP >10t- is this holding true? I've got about 2600h, most of which is TP but not >10t.

deltahotel
10th Mar 2011, 07:41
Don't know. Given up trying to fathom out the workings of the recruiting process!

fingal flyer
11th Mar 2011, 05:51
With 14 A300-600 allegedly on the way to EAT LEJ and 3 B-767 to DHLAir UK next year,my guess is there may well be flight crew jobs at both companys in the near future.

dixi188
11th Mar 2011, 08:49
So the latest rumour is now 14 A300-600s.
Last week it was 7, the week before it was 3.

What about A320s?

P-T
11th Mar 2011, 13:27
Just to fill in a few guys on the reality of the contract with Contractair at DHL.

The contract itself is not a bad one, the pay is good and as many have said, your roster will change inside your block of working days (but then again who cares if they sleep in a hotel in Lyon or Casablanca?)

The commute is manageable as many guys do it on a daily basis. However, the jump seat to and from LEJ is completely on your own doing and there are no guaranteed jump seats. Until that door closes and you've pushed off stand you could in theory be asked to disembark. It hasn't happened to me but it is a possibility. Contractair do not provide jumpseats or accommodation at LEJ, that is at your own cost. Having said that I've only had to stay in a Hotel in LEJ for 1 night since Christmas.

The roster is published approx a month in hand (i.e. you'd get April's Roster at the start of March). I was told there would be a fixed roster 5 on 4 off, but this isn't the case. There is a plan to give 9 on and 5 off (with the first and last of the 9 on being rest days, so effectively 7 on 7 off) but that would mean a single day off in the middle at LEJ more than likely a weekend.

A many have said, it's a good job, interesting flying, good colleagues and the company is probably one of the most stable/profitable out there. There is a rumor of the 767 being offered to LEJ based crews who have the required hours and have done over 12 months at the company.

As far as the EAT Airbus issue is concerned, I've heard from a few "Office Workers" that there seems to be a great deal of A300's in Dresden form an Asian Carrier that they are seriously looking into converting into Freighters and bringing on the books. No hard set plans but I do now that there have been a few visits from LEJ to Dresden to have a look at the aircraft. Not heard anything about the A320.

I'm currently on my last rotation at DHL and I'm leaving next week, so that should be another vacancy in the RHS. I know of a fair few going to BA, TCX and Jet2 from the RHS therefore leaving vacancies.

Feel free to PM me if you need any info. good luck

hotelmodemetar
24th Mar 2011, 16:08
So the latest rumour is now 14 A300-600s.
Last week it was 7, the week before it was 3.

What about A320s?

I've heard recently that this deal is over. It seems that an american company has already purchased them.

Best foot forward
24th Mar 2011, 16:29
He who hesitates is lost

nick14
1st Apr 2011, 00:07
Hello all,

Im coming up on 1500hrs 737 and just wondering what life is like at DHL. Im 23, married with a house in the midlands and looking for a stable long term career airline with opportunities for command and training posts.

It looks like the new spots are for LEJ, what are the chances of getting back to EMA? Is the work condusive to a decent home life with wife and kids?

cheers

Dayzed
1st Apr 2011, 06:21
Not if you want to stay in the midlands.

Recruitment is for an LEJ contract with no prospect of a return to EMA.

If you do not want to move don't bother. Commuting is hell. Especially on a young family.

For anybody who is thinking about it.

Fatigue. Chronic fatigue comes with the job. Night freight is hard on the body and mind. 5-6 hours sleep in 24 if you are lucky. 2-4 hours spent sitting around in the LEJ canteen, between sectors. There are not that many bunks. The last thing you want to add to that is trying to get yourself back to the UK after 5 days out. Your family will suffer as much as you when you get back.

All Standbys’ will be done in LEJ. Jump seats to and from the UK are full. You are expected to be in LEJ 12 hours before your duty and have somewhere other than the hub to get good rest before reporting.

The only way to get any quality of life is to move to LEJ if you have a family. You will get very little in the way of support from the company with your move and very little information on the in's and out's of life in Germany.

Pilots living in Germany will be subject to German taxes as of the beginning of April.

The Pound vs. Euro, Interbank rate currently £1 = €1.13

There are no direct passenger flights from LEJ. If your close family is in the UK they will be at least 6-7 hours travelling time from you and £150 - 300 average in travel costs.

It is blxxdy freezing in the winter.

LEJ was Soviet block until the early 90's. If you can't speak German, Russian would be your best bet if the person you are trying to communicate with is in their mid 30's or older. It is not West Germany, English speakers are not that common.

Having said this, if you live in LEJ, are of the right mindset and have the balls to make it work for you it could be just what you are looking for. If you have a family make sure your partner knows what they are in for and make sure they a prepared to learn German. There are some good language schools that will sort them out. Unfortunately for you, if you do not already have a grasp of German, picking up the language will be hard as the company does not provide any language support.

LEJ is a good city with money being spent on it, there are worse places you can be. Several places in the UK spring to mind for starters! It is a cultural city with an interesting history if that is your thing. In the summer it is a good place and people say it is good for a young family. Some good bars and nice restaurants. Good, but expensive shops.

You are not far from Prague and less than 2hours from Berlin.

The Christmas market is good especially if you like gluhwien! You are 5 hours by car from skiing in Austria.

Good Beer and Bratwurst!

The more people that move with their families the more support there will be. There are families already in LEJ and most likely more people will be moving out.

If you do get offered a job with DHL, before you start get your self and any significant other out to Leipzig and have a look at the place. I am sure the DHL HR dept could put you in touch with a few people who live out there.

Moving countries is not for the faint hearted. This is not the forces. You will have do everything yourself and there is a language barrier.

You might enjoy the challenge though! Depends on the sort of person you are!

Brie
1st Apr 2011, 11:50
If you r invited, do you also have to do these bloody dlr tests.???

Gryz

CoiledString
1st Apr 2011, 13:25
Interview process for me was - a chat with a management pilot and a HR lady, with a few technical questions and a simple problem solving exercise thrown in.
A couple of weeks later - 757 sim ride at Cranebank, involving a SID, VOR/NDB tracking to procedural ILS. Twice if required.
All very civilised.

Dayzed
1st Apr 2011, 16:39
DLR tests are for EAT Leipzig. Not DHL Air.

DHL Air is more realistic. They are not trying to recruit astronauts whilst paying the wage of a humble cleaner.:= The German union should be looking hard at EAT LEJ.

Klokan1
1st Apr 2011, 19:39
Hi, I am sorry to bother.

I am just about to complete my application with EAT LEJ. I am skipper with 6500tt 5500jet and 2000Pic on jets over 70t but not Type rated with very basic german.

Can anyone state:

-Pay after tax for new captain
-7/7 roster real?
-possible commuting by car about 250km?
-TR self funded?

and most important, are doors still open for guys with above background?

Thank you

klokan

Brie
2nd Apr 2011, 04:37
Grrrrrrrr these Germans are always so obsessed with their DLR tests.

Make sure that your company does not fall in german hand otherwise the DLR test will be implemented.:ugh:

Few years ago i applied with EAT in Brussels and that was just an interview and sim check.

silvair
6th Apr 2011, 10:34
Hi guys,

Wondering if are any portuguese crew that commute from LIS to LEJ here in the forum or maybe you know someone that do it. And any idea about the roster? 7on 7off?

Will start soon and will welcome some help. From the recent readings, does not seam an easy thing...

Cheers e Obrigado;)

MD

SkyMe_and_MyDuprees
6th Apr 2011, 11:08
Hi there Silvair,

Congrats about your success in DHL.
Can you give us all a short briefing about the interpersonal/DLR test? Is it really a DLR? What about your track record, are you fluent in German and rated in B757?

Once again, congratulations and have a good start.

Honiley
6th Apr 2011, 15:04
Commuting LIS-LEJ-LIS will be tough, think very carefully!

Quite a few doing it already so competition for Jump-Seats - From LEJ it will be via VIT, coming to LEJ it will be via BRU - not a short night communting before operating!

Have a closer look at the Spanish network and see if it's easier (MAD, SVQ, VLC etc etc)

silvair
6th May 2011, 12:49
Hi guys,

Wondering if someone here that passed the DHL/Contractair assessment this year.

Please PM.

Cheers

SMT Member
6th May 2011, 18:21
Just a quick update on the A300-600s. The order is for 13 frames, the first 2 of which are already undergoing conversion in Dresden and will be delivered around October this year. Balance of order to be delivered in 2012. All 13 frames bought and paid for already, none taken by a phantom US company. There are more than 13 frames available from the batch they came from so that might be what spawned the rumour.

There's nothing in works about A320s for DHL, but a leasing company (forgot the name) are in the process of starting the conversion with an order from TNT. Saw a piccy somewhere recently of the first frame getting prepared for the cutter.

IAEdude
13th May 2011, 08:57
Hi fellas!

Considering to apply. Not rated on B757, but 3000+ TT and 2600+TT on airbus.

Take home pay after tax?

Do you think it could be possible to commute via VIT?

:ok::ok:

Moonwalker
13th May 2011, 19:12
Dunno, but they are pretty clear that you need to relocate to Leipzig and live within 45 miles (think it was?) of the airport.

2 Whites 2 Reds
14th May 2011, 21:56
It may be possible to jumpseat via VIT but be warned its a long way around. We (DHK) do LEJ-VIT-LIS (day stop) LIS - BRU - LEJ.

In short it would be a pain and probably not an option. However other parts of the company operate between LEJ and VIT so maybe possible.

Best of luck.

2W2R

Mr Angry from Purley
16th May 2011, 17:00
Commuting via VIT yeah good choice.
F/O's being interviewed now going into the pool only as recruitment is done (DHK).
LHS slots still there:\

2 Whites 2 Reds
18th May 2011, 13:01
Recruitment is definitely NOT done. We're taking 8 a month for the next year or so! What will limit start dates is the availability of trainers so the pool might be used to hold people until a course is available.

LHS slots are available on a contract basis and I hear there may be some permanent DEC's on the future.

Pilot125
20th May 2011, 12:22
Please be aware that any positions will be permanently based in Leipzig , Germany and you would be required to relocate to within 45 miles of Leipzig . Commuting will not be an option and in addition, there will not be any opportunity to return to a UK base in the future.

Kind regards

Ginny

from the HR Lady

Best foot forward
21st May 2011, 21:35
They are still letting people commute, since the announcement of the German tax for those living in Germany several of the lej based crews have opted to commute in from elsewhere. With the company's knowledge.

deltahotel
22nd May 2011, 10:35
Bit hard to stop people living where they want, providing they can satisfy the time/distance requirements for sby duties and report for duty properly rested. Which means one of: B&B, hotac, apartment, something else. Rentals in/near lej are cheap. Lots of people make it work.

Best foot forward
24th May 2011, 15:54
No. DIfferent companies different pay scales. Different allowances and different FTL's.

Pilot125
24th May 2011, 15:58
DHL Air UK and EAT Leipzig are two different companies with different contracts and salary ; so the answer is no

The last guys who were hired ( both DHL Air and EAT ) had no experience on type. ( not in EAT , maybe some for DHL Air ).

Knee Trembler
2nd Jun 2011, 08:30
@chickenarrows,

Yes, got the email two days ago. Am not rated on anything above 738. Currently flying Dash 8.

KT

silvair
3rd Jun 2011, 16:56
Hi guys,

I need urgently do make a decision towards DHL AIR but some info is still missing.

For example does anyone have a roster from DHL Air (LEJ) that I could have a look. One thing is what these brokers are selling but other is reality. I need to commute from LIS and that would be very helpful.

Please feel free to PM.

Thanks in advance

Miguel

silvair
4th Jun 2011, 13:23
Hi again guys,

Let me thank to all of you that PM giving info.

I also need urgently to get in touch with DHL Air (LEJ based) contractors. Just need some feedback from your experience before jumping inn.

Thanks again for your help.

Miguel

deltahotel
12th Jun 2011, 11:02
A lot better than they used to be. Less oil in the engines, more compressor washes, better maintenance. Still get occasional smell of smelly socks, but nothing like as bad as it used to be. I think this is a known problem on 757 and 146. Doesn't worry me unduly now - long time since I felt the need to switch off packs.

vulcanised
12th Jun 2011, 11:36
DHL have changed their name to YODEL !

Try not to giggle when they tell you.

Edit to say that I have been informed the new name only applies to the van delivery service.

Chicken Arrows
12th Jun 2011, 12:15
THANKS for the information:ok:

Chicken Arrows
17th Jun 2011, 21:31
Have you been called with the interview result ??
I went to the interview last week and so far no news.....

BE767-737
22nd Jun 2011, 10:49
Hi Guys,
I had also the Interview EMA. I applied as a DEC and curr. Captain on B767
The interview was ok.
After 10 day´s I received a letter from DHL. I am not qualified as a First Officer.
Maybe someone has experienced the same?
Happy landings :yuk:

POL.777
29th Aug 2011, 07:36
What is the current situation with DHL Air UK crew who live in Germany. The double tax treaty between UK and Germany does specify where the company tax is to be paid (UK), but not so clearly the issue of living and working in Germany for a UK reg company, paying taxes in UK. National insurance and income taxes springs to mind.

Best foot forward
29th Aug 2011, 08:05
We are waiting for an announcement from the company who have been working tirelessly on the matter for the last 4 years:rolleyes:

silvair
8th Sep 2011, 21:22
Hi

Wondering how many Type Rated FOs are currently in the DHL (Lej) Holding Pool.

People that made the simulator assessment early this year still waiting?

Cheers

manfromnorth
30th Sep 2011, 18:35
For anyone actually working/flying for EAT based in LEJ on the A300-600 I would appreciate some fresh general information for Capt position.

Knee Trembler
1st Oct 2011, 19:37
You probably won't get much feedback at the moment as the first a/c doesn't arrive until later this month and the existing A300s are not operating on the German register.

I start on the A300-600 in December, so please feel free to PM if I can help, but you will likely have to be patient if you are looking for info on rosters etc.

KT.