PDA

View Full Version : Kabo Air Incident (ex VS 747 aircraft)

castin
28th Feb 2002, 13:07
Does anybody know anything about a recent incident involving a Kabo Air 747-200 maybe ex VS. .that lost its RH Flaps/Gear doors after hitting trees coming into land somewhere in Africa recently. . .Photo's would be appreciated. .We have a very bad fax print but no reg etc

Exclusive Mandate
28th Feb 2002, 17:31
Likewise...the incident in Jeddah some weeks ago when they asked for permission to fly to Lagos with un-serviceable engine.

They ain't nothin if not exciting!

mutt
28th Feb 2002, 18:06
Exculsive Mandate,

Whats wrong with doing a 3 engine ferry in a B747?

Mutt.

747FOCAL
28th Feb 2002, 18:33
Mutt- I believe he is refereing to the African based 747 that came in with one engine strapped up with heavy FOD damage. During an inspection by tipped off airport authorities 2 of the other engines were also found to have FOD damage among other problems(memory is fading). I have pictures somewhere. But that was at least a year ago not weeks. :)

Knowing 747 Low Speed performance .... I think if you "lost" the right hand flaps at an altitude low enough to be hitting trees, the ensueing asymetry would cause the airplane to crab and probably roll uncontrollably. I will give it a run in the sim and see what its like.