PDA

View Full Version : Alternate for FEFF

DCAHH
6th Jan 2010, 08:37
:) Good morning! Need your help: Will fly with a Sovereign on upcoming Friday from DTTA to FEFF, Bangui. What is the best available alternate for that? Landing in Bangui will be at 0400 AM, so it should be an H24 airport. Thanks for help!

ab33t
6th Jan 2010, 10:50
Check the weather and take your pick .

eckhard
6th Jan 2010, 12:07
H24

N'Djamena FTTJ 336T 506nm
Libreville FOOL 246T 595nm
Brazzaville FCBB 200T 552nm

H24 with restrictions (don't know what the restrictions are)

Yaounde FKYS 264T 420nm
Douala FKKD 267T 528nm

DCAHH
6th Jan 2010, 12:28
Hi Eckhard, thanks for help, i even thought that there is a closer one....

flugzeug
6th Jan 2010, 21:02
Hi there,

We used to choose Berberati (FEFT) as alternate on our flights to Bangui, since it was the only with a published instrumental app, the best way to get the weather is to call directly. Donīt think is a H24 airport though. Closed to there can only think of VFR runways. Have fun there! Post me if need any more info

Rgrds!

DCAHH
7th Jan 2010, 07:59
Good morning Flugzeug, thanks for information! I was also thinking about Berberati, but due to the fact that we are going to land at night we cannot take it into account.

Have you been there already?

flugzeug
7th Jan 2010, 09:02
Yeah I understand that,

We used to go there often from Congo, and we also had problems with the alternate , and the only solution was to go during the day and considering Berberati, Owando, Impfondo and so on as alternate :}, there is no traffic at all and the runway is in great shape, ILS, and the fuel goes quite fast (had some sandwiches 4 them ready maybe to give),also the landing fees.
In the early morning in that area is quite likely that you find fog, since the river is really close.
There is a "hotel" down town where the crew for AF stays, and if you have never been to a place like that before, donīt be shocked.

Rgrds!

Flugzeug