PDA

View Full Version : Not able to read CD info.......

K.Whyjelly
5th Jan 2010, 16:37
Have just received my tech refresher CD from work and when I try to open it, it comes up with the following boxed info....PPVIEW32_LAUNCHER. PPT VIEWER NOT FOUND.

My laptop is running Vista Home Premium and despite doing some research via Google and downloading PowerPoint 2007 it still won't allow me into my CD info. Any clues or top tips guys??

thanks

Bo Nalls
5th Jan 2010, 17:50
Sounds like you need a powerpoint viewer. pptview allows you to view and print PowerPoint slide shows. You cannot edit a presentation in PowerPoint Viewer. Try here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=048DC840-14E1-467D-8DCA-19D2A8FD7485&displaylang=en) :ok:

Saab Dastard
5th Jan 2010, 22:45
Possibly you need to run an installer (as an administrator), or possibly run the application as an administrator?

But if it's from work, wouldn't your work tech support be able to help?

SD

K.Whyjelly
7th Jan 2010, 19:34
Thanks guys...................downloaded PowerPoint 2007 but still coming up with the message 'PPT VIEWER NOT FOUND'. I don't know if it has any bearing on this but when I put the CD into my desktop which is running on XP it reads and plays like a dream. What has Vista got that XP hasn't (or vice versa)??

Saab....... thought I would try and increase my limited knowledge via this great forum before ringing the company tech guys and getting the usual "have you tried switching it off?? tried switching it on" routine

jimtherev
7th Jan 2010, 20:21
Have you tried starting PowerPoint itself and then opening the package from inside PP? I do this a bit if I get a .pps which I want to edit; I can then save it as a .ppt