PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand Pax Service?

CathyH
5th Jan 2010, 05:27
My sister is flying ex YMML NZAA KLAX return on April 8. I have not been an active pilot for a good few years, and more since I flew Air New Zealand

She wants to know what the cabin service standards are like these days. She will be flying cattle car.

I fhtere are any ANZ cabin crew on this forum, is there a steward called Dudley still working, he'd be late forties, early fifties?

Thanks

Cathy

James 1077
5th Jan 2010, 08:02
SLF not CC but do fly Air NZ pretty frequently. My view is that Air NZ service is up there with the Asian carriers; possibly not quite as efficient (but close) but the difference is made up by friendliness.

Every flight has been an absolute joy and I fly pretty frequently!

Shazz-zaam
5th Jan 2010, 09:04
They would have to be friendly.Don't they walk around nude with their uniforms painted on?
Let it all hang out baby:ok:

MrSydney
5th Jan 2010, 19:59
I fly with them fairly regulary as SLF and the standards are excellant - more consistency than, say, QF. The IFE is just fantastic.

I think Dudley may have retired -I used to see him a fair bit a few years ago but not in the last 4 years or so.

Robin Pilot
5th Jan 2010, 23:47
Just had the pleasure of flying around 50hrs with them in late 2009 - all long haul. I've flown most of the usual suspects between Australia, UK and USA, and can honestly say that Air NZ were the best I've flown with.

We were in cattle the whole time. Had to carry a wedding dress through 3 sectors (in a box too large for carry on) but they insisted we didn't check it in and that they'd look after us (despite almost 100% capacity on each sector). Every other aspect of the flight was a joy also. Can't fault them.

Particularly liked the IFE. Available from gate to gate. The "scientifically produced" sleep tracks were simply awesome (use your own headphones). I can NEVER sleep on flights. 15 mins into one of those tracks and I slept like a baby for 9 hours - count em - 9 hours! Made the overnight journey froom SFO to AKL a dream - literally and figuratively.

Can't wait to fly with them again. Not least cos I'm a big 777 fan - and their's are still nice and shiny!!

joeflyguy
7th Jan 2010, 00:21
Dear old Dudley did retire several years ago and I know he would be thrilled to know he was being talked about on here.

Dud's was a legend at Air NZ and in addition was considerably older than the age bracket someone suggested, but would hate me pointing that out lol