PDA

View Full Version : crew rate for Heathrow Express and Gatwick Express

DR_EVIL
4th Jan 2010, 17:19
New commuter based in london wants to know...

I heard rumors that we get 50% discount for Gatwick Express by showing our ID's... is this true? Anyone tried it?

Cheers,
DR_EVIL

744drv
4th Jan 2010, 19:05
'tis true. But of course you have to go to the ticket desk which can slow you down if you are working to a tight deadline. Not available to STN though

4th Jan 2010, 23:56
It's a free ride for me the other day. depends on your luck!

DR_EVIL
5th Jan 2010, 14:34
That's fantastic news... Where abouts is the ticket counter?

How does one get a free ride?

Cheers
DR_EVIL

mattgitau
5th Jan 2010, 16:30
Dr Evil,

Ticket booths are situated at Paddington Stn (at the entrance to the Heathrow Express platforms), and also at the entrance to the Heathrow Express accessible via the terminals (1,2,3) at LHR.

As for the free ride, has been known to happen if the train is very full and the ticket inspector doesnt get to your carriage in the 15mins it takes to complete the journey. Can also happen if the Piccadilly Line to LHR is closed.

I think Ive had one free ride in 12 months due to a busy train.

Its a pretty reliable service for London!!! I use it to get to LHR and usually catch the crew bus to Hammersmith when I arrive back and just tube it from there.....thats one way to get a free ride!!!

5th Jan 2010, 18:05
DR_EVIL

i was notified of FOC at the ticket counter the other day...other paxs were to paid full fare. anyway, remember to keep your crew card with you, at least u get 50% off!
:ok:

DR_EVIL
6th Jan 2010, 14:02
Thanks for the info!

Much appreciated!:ok: