PDA

View Full Version : Cessna Citation Bravo and Bell 407 Costs

Magix
2nd Jan 2010, 18:54
Hello.

I have checked all sources about this things which I would like to ask you.
Well I would like to know what is expected cost of Cessna Citation Bravo hourly maintenance and how private Biz Jets Companies are calculating cost of one flight for that type of aircraft? If example we have flexible cost of handling prices etc?

I looking forward for your answer. Thank You.

supermoix
3rd Jan 2010, 14:05
For the bravo, I can recommend for corporate operations flying more than 250 Hrs/Yr. to enroll in Cessna Proparts, It covers every part and avionics but engines for about 400 USD/Hr including taxes. It pays for itself in preventive and unscheduled maintenance, you can budget more precise and when an efis tube goes south, you don't have to tell the boss to write a check for USD 27,000.00 as a nice surprise.

For the engines, Pratt Eagle Servive Plan (ESP) is a very good option, Those 530A's are so reliable you will rarely need unscheduled maintenance if you start with two engines in good condition, but again, murphy's law, if you hit birds and end up with that one-piece fan out of tolerances... big money.

I have calculated for my next year's budget 390 dollars/hour for scheduled maintenance assuming 250 hrs/year just in case (we're far from HSI and TBO). but we're going as predicted with both Proparts and ESP.

Too many variables to take in account... every operator and geographic region will give different numbers. hope it helps.

Phil77
3rd Jan 2010, 22:49
Jet Operating Costs - Operating Costs for Jets (http://www.omnijet.com/database/)

gives you a good overview and comparison between different Jets (MSP, JSSI are also engine maintenance programs).

G-SPOTs Lost
4th Jan 2010, 00:27
If you are near a coastal area you will definetely need an engine programme, LOTS of horror stories over in the UK about casing corrosion and bleed valves seats on the 530 & 535 that have needed extensive reworking by P&W i.e. $100K+ one of which happened with about 300 hours to go to a HSI.

If you're pilot knows what he doing with a bravo you should be able to expect a yearly average of 570-600 litres per hour - nearer the lower figure if you're average sector length is above 1.2 hours. Its not a fast jet, it does what it does, crew trying to make them a fast jet invariably fail and can put 15-20% on top of those fuel burns. FL380/390 are good levels you will need to go up to see anywhere near Cessna's figures and it will stop, its not an aero issue its just a lack of thrust.

Great entry level jet

Magix
5th Jan 2010, 09:19
Thank You very much for all your replies. All are useful.

Best Regards
Lukasz K.