PDA

View Full Version : Benair

mikehammer
2nd Jan 2010, 15:27
Merry Christmas from Benair bosses, who sent all their Danish pilots sacking letters with their Christmas cards this year - really - they arrived in their inboxes in the crew house at the same time. New contracts offered (with a UK company, not Benair), some estimate the new package represents a 40% pay cut to them. UK pilots are unaffected, financially that is.

ab33t
2nd Jan 2010, 17:16
That really sucks

V1 VR V2
2nd Jan 2010, 17:48
Doesnt suprise me as i have dealt with one boss there called Bruno who is a total A**hole! Hope the guys effected get something soon.

MKA742
29th Jul 2011, 14:06
Any news about jobs and situation at Benair?

No Country Members
2nd Aug 2011, 08:57
All of the Shorts pilots are owed money dating back to January when Benair lost the mail contract supporting that fleet. No redundancy money, no notice, no nothing, they can't even claim benefits as they haven't officially been sacked.

A very good friend of mine took them to court over a similar, no notice, situation in 2010, and won a substantial amount against them in an out of court settlement, he won't say how much, but he drives a Porsche now. They claimed he was a dangerous pilot during negotiations, but never came up with any evidence for this, and when asked, dropped their claims.

I don't think, in answer to your question, that the job situation is too good there in the light of all this. Would you want to work for a company like this?

MKA742
2nd Aug 2011, 14:48
Hmmm. Sounds like a bunch of a-hole's over there :suspect:

Won't be knockin on that door!