PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas?--a320

luym
2nd Jan 2010, 15:22
ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF REFUELING FAILURE IN COLD CONDITIONS? AND IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE THE OTHER REFUEL COUPLING?(THOUGH IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE IAW THE ASM):confused:

Founder
2nd Jan 2010, 17:42
Well we are refueling our A321's in Helsinki in -35°C without any problems so I'm not sure what you mean by a problem in cold conditions? =)

Swedish Steve
3rd Jan 2010, 14:23
I had a refueling failure on an A320 this week, and it was only M13degC. But we solved it by changing the dispenser, as the first one was covered in frozen snow and could not couple up to the hydrant.

HOPE THAT HELPS!

tuned cavity
5th Jan 2010, 06:46
We experienced this problem on an almost new aircraft 2000hr total airframe time. Problem initially was both wing tank fill valves would not open electricially in normal or manual(elect). When the valve plunger was pushed the valves opened and remained open. We replaced the valves but the problem persisted with the right wing fill valve. This valve was replaced two more times with "repaired" valves but problem persisted. Finally we replaced with a known good valve from another aircraft and problem transferred. AIRBUS are are aware of a problem with the fill valve and have issued a service letter to advise that aircraft may be slow to fuel in cold weather. Our experience was that the problem occurred at any temp lower than 0deg C. The service letter does not advise that the valve may not open electrically. During the trouble shooting we observed a couple of items.
You can check the current flow to the solenoid by using a 1665 bulb the current flow through the solenoid is normally 60ma.
A fully servicable wing tank valve will allow a fuel flow into the tank of approx 320 lt per min. The defect on the fuel valve is apparantly due to a machining defect on the valve surface. If you are unable to find it I will dig out the Airbus service letter for you. Hope this helps.
TC

TURIN
5th Jan 2010, 18:18
Excellent gen there Mr Cavity. :ok: I may need it this week!!!!