PDA

View Full Version : Rejected email

Capetonian
2nd Jan 2010, 11:43
I sent an email and got the following reject message. It wasn't a bulk email or spam, just an enquiry. I assume that this company's ISP or domain systematically rejects email from the .btinternet.com domain. Is my assumption correct, and if so, why? (I'm not taking 196.211.25.82 does not like recipient personally!)

I tried sending it from Outlook Express and also direct from the web interface and got the same response. I re-sent it from my Gmail account and although I've not had a reply it does not seem to have been rejected.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
196.211.25.82 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 5.7.1 btinternet.com is blacklisted.
Giving up on 196.211.25.82.

Cacophonix
2nd Jan 2010, 12:10
Capetonian

It seems that the mail service provider (mailserver - ccd.co.za) has blacklisted any mail from btinterent IP address ranges.

IP Address Lookup (http://ip-address-lookup-v4.com/lookup.php?ip=196.211.25.82)

Possibly IS Internet Solutions SA ...

mail.ultraliquors.co.za (http://www.robtex.com/dns/mail.ultraliquors.co.za.html)

Somewhat unwise of them as I am sure that their customers will be sorry to lose business from clients subscribing to the most dominant fixed line and broadband provider in the UK!

NF

Capetonian
2nd Jan 2010, 12:48
Thanks, Namibfox. If they don't want my order of 6-10 cases of Shiraz, fine, but to be fair I don't expect they get many customers using btinternet addresses (in fact they won't get any ...!)

green granite
2nd Jan 2010, 13:43
Try sending them an E-Mail using a proxy server, pointing out they've just lost a very large order. :E

WetFeet
6th Jan 2010, 07:44
Could it be a problem with Yahoo? Yahoo provide the mail services for BTIntenet.

Whilst Yahoo are trying their best to block Spam the methods they used are widely critcised in computer industry for blocking genuine mail as well as spam. 3 ISP's that I have been with all report this problem and say that there is nothing they can do about it, it is Yahoo's problem.

How about sending them an email using their online form?

Capetonian
6th Jan 2010, 08:24
Thanks, but I also tried using the web form and got the same reject. I think that the system is blocking emails from the @btinternet.com domain, regardless of the ISP origin, as I wasn't using btinternet as my ISP.