PDA

View Full Version : SA AOC question - damp/wet leases

skyloone
1st Jan 2010, 19:47
Does anyone know what the general position is with the SA CAA regarding a local AOC holder wet/damp leasing off another non SA party. Does it make a difference whether the a/c is FAA, JAR or other?

As an example.

ZS reg a/c used on a wet/damp lease for a local SA AOC holder.
Crew possibly SA right of abode with CAAZ validations.

Thanks
Skyloone

ab33t
2nd Jan 2010, 13:36
I would rather pose this question direct to the CAA

skyloone
2nd Jan 2010, 14:48
I'll give them a go with this question come Monday. I have in the past sent questions, save to say they tend to answer the simple questions but somewhat quiet on anything deemed non standard.

starliner
3rd Jan 2010, 04:55
Kulula made an arrangement of this sort about 2 years ago for a limited period. I think 6 months is max. AC was 738 OK-TVD lsd from Travel Services with crew both cabin and cockpit.

Whenwe
3rd Jan 2010, 05:23
If there is only one SA AOC holder involved then it should not present a problem. Aircraft on their AOC Ops Specs. Crew employed by same AOC, maintenance questions etc.

Its all about operational control, who is running the show when it comes to a wet/damp lease between 2 SA AOC holders.

The law provides for the SA AOC holder with the aircraft on their AOC to retain operational control.
Read Part 48 (?) new regs dealing with leases. The problem is the CATS are not published yet and it is open to interpretations.

As already suggested, in fact the law requires that ALL lease agreements must be approved, thus go to CAA but make sure you know all the answers when it comes to "who controls the operation"

skyloone
4th Jan 2010, 19:02
Thanks for the feedback folks.