PDA

View Full Version : Complimentary 2010 Calendar for Rotorheads Members

Ned-Air2Air
31st Dec 2009, 03:05
For the first 40 members here who post what they enjoy about flying helicopters you will receive a complimentary 2010 Helicopters at Work calendar.

Just make your post and send me a PM with name and postal address so i can send it off for you.

Cheers all and have a Happy New Year.

Ned

P.S. Senior Pilot - No names of product mentioned so hope this is ok :ok:

Hedge36
31st Dec 2009, 03:11
Woohoo!

I enjoy the stunning pay, fantastic meal services and the legions of gorgeous young women throwing themselves at my feet.

At least that's what I tell myself each month when I write the check for the student loan payment ;)

Honestly, though, the best way I could describe my love for flying helos to a potential girlfriend: the day after I learned to hover, I saw some movement on the opposite side of the practice field... and it took nothing more than a thought to sidle over to have a look, do a graceful pirouette and return to my starting point.

I never looked at fixed wing flying as being anything but boring after that.

Besides, all of my best friends are just a little nutty - they're all helo drivers. I wouldn't have it any other way.

All the best for 2010, everyone.

Alex N Crawford
31st Dec 2009, 04:37
Getting payed for sitting on my Ass!
gotta love this job.;)
FG

flybull
31st Dec 2009, 05:09
Orbiting a South Central LA address, with an armed suspect inside a premises below, shooting at the LAPD SWAT team outside. Look on my mate's face next to me - PRICELESS!!:eek:

Amphibious
31st Dec 2009, 05:21
sweeping floors, getting the engineers coffee, hot fueling at -35, repairing nets., getting to use my helmet when the chokers break....

;)

tophelios
31st Dec 2009, 06:08
The hover 1 m from the ground, the SAR missions with a f.... weather, the feeling after that kind of mission, crossing the main runway to land when 5 fixed-wings are waiting a for a final, taking off from an helipad or a taxiway, avoiding 10 minutes taxiing, flying over big cities at 1000ft and..and.....
Safe fly to all and all the best for 2010..;)

iainms
31st Dec 2009, 06:21
I love it all !:D

WASALOADIE
31st Dec 2009, 06:24
Being able to land virtually anywhere.

Low level @ 120kts.

Flying on NVG, landing in a remote field or clearing, then looking under the goggles and realising how black it is out there and considering what we have just achieved.

Pinnacle landings - try that in a fixed wing!

I have to pinch myself sometimes and think to myself, I could be in a desk job or on a production line.

Happy New Year to all

Kirt Hood
31st Dec 2009, 06:43
To be able to go for a $100 hamberger, which is probably closer to $250 (each person) if you consider all the costs.

Whirlygig
31st Dec 2009, 06:49
The best views in the world; to see the land from a different perspective. And if you miss something, turn round and have another look .... :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

ralphmalph
31st Dec 2009, 06:59
Where do I start!.

- being able to hover
- Fighting a helicopter on a battlefield.
- CASEVAC
- not having to use an airport or runway
- Low flying
- Dust!

Seeing views that others would be jealous of.
Early morning lifts and watching the sunrise over the Canadian prarie
Taking people flying
The yearly Santa run to schools!

Unfortunately I have not experience the more glitzy life....maybe in a few years!

Regards

Ralph

hueyracer
31st Dec 2009, 07:04
I enjoy.....

....the Freedom while flying.......

s1lverback
31st Dec 2009, 07:56
As a private flyer, choppers provide me with the challenge and satisfaction that I don't get from my day job.

If only I were 20 years younger.. :}

Serious flying should be fun!

Blue Skies to all for 2010
- Dee

Flyting
31st Dec 2009, 08:00
"suffering" in the deepest darkest places in central Africa...

...giving plank drivers hell about being able to do things they could only be envious about...

Chickenhawk1
31st Dec 2009, 08:02
What don't I like!

That feeling after having off loaded a full load and suddenly being light with tons of power - reassuring!

Oh and of course hovering, and more importantly reminding our FW brethren about it :ok:

Ned-Air2Air
31st Dec 2009, 08:02
Just a reminder all to send me a PM with name and postal address after posting.

Cheers

Ned

DeeJayEss
31st Dec 2009, 08:04
Launching a darkened helo, from a darkened ship, on a no moon night, hunting with only your wit, a set of NVGs, and the balls to do 120kts at 50ft..... because we can.

No-ID
31st Dec 2009, 08:04
I don't even like flying, but my daddy wants me to

Ned-Air2Air
31st Dec 2009, 08:05
No-ID,

Sorry mate but that doesnt count, come on.

Ned

Pingy
31st Dec 2009, 08:29
Once you taste helicopters, everything else is,.....;)

All the best in 2010 to all of you !

101BOY
31st Dec 2009, 08:49
Landing in places like Battersea and Issy whilst the fixed wing guys trundle 40 miles out of town.

FLY 7
31st Dec 2009, 08:53
The best thing about helicopters is taking someone for their first flight in one.

For most people, who only ever sit in a cramped seat in the back of a no frills airliner, it is a revelation - hovering, flying sideways, backwards, skimming over the ground - and all with a panoramic view of rhe landscape. nothing beats it.

Spanish Waltzer
31st Dec 2009, 09:18
Earning a living whilst loving what you're doing. Without doubt the highlights though are when your actions through SAR, CASEVAC, EMS or just being in the right place at the right time saves life.

Thanks Ned :D :D

SW

photex
31st Dec 2009, 09:21
The best thing about about flying a helicotper is that no two flights are the same. There are always different views, weather, passengers and aircraft to worry about. It's this variety, often lacking in real life, that makes flying so special for me. It's about getting away from it all for a moment or two, isn't it?

The fact that many people say that helicopters shouldn't fly and we prove them wrong everyday is a bonus!

Ned-Air2Air
31st Dec 2009, 09:21
Just a reminder for Page 2 to send me a PM with name and postal address after you have made your post.

Cheers

RINKER
31st Dec 2009, 09:30
Finding the perfect remote beach for overnight camp,cruising through the snow covered mountains on a still clear winters day,seeing tears of joy in the eyes of friends when I fly them round beautiful areas where they spent their youth.Being able to hover and land just about anywhere, not too sad to admit I have always been and will always be fascinated by helicopters.
R

collector
31st Dec 2009, 10:14
Seeing this beatiful country from the above, the sense of freedom.
"To protect and serve" feeling when flying police missions.
Flying people around and watching them enjoy...and asking for more.
Being able to land almost anywhere and anytime...especially when the nature calls :}, but also a handy option in adverse weather, beeing able to hover.
Picking up loaded Santa and bringing him to a children Christmass party.
Having great buddies at work and meeting a lot of interesting people around.

All the best to all of you! :ok:

SilsoeSid
31st Dec 2009, 10:51
It's the anticipation !!!
:ok::bored::eek::D

http://www.jollygreen.org/Humor/Reasoner.jpg
(Thanks to Senior Pilot for the link in the military forum)

They (helicopter pilots) know that if something bad has not happened, its about to.

Also it's instances where a simple patrol flight turns into a full blown high speed urban pursuit, decamp and foot chase.
Ending up with someone seeing the New Year in from behind a locked door.
(One of which we have just returned from)

thorpey
31st Dec 2009, 11:13
Hovering
Low level flying
Landing almost anywhere
The views!

Blackhawk9
31st Dec 2009, 11:32
Hope its open to engineers Ned?

Been working on choppers since 82 , 206's thru to Chinooks, its got me all over Australia, Asia, Mid East and Europe, couldn't do a 9 to 5 job, worked with some great Pilots and Engineers and some ....others. Its been fun!

sycamore
31st Dec 2009, 11:33
From Sycamore to Sea-King,and many more in between,to hover (not as well as a Kestrel though !),fly backwards,sideways, pirouette and dance, climb to 20000`ft, and feel like balancing on a pin,;sit in the hover at 40` over a cold dark ocean in the middle of the night,or sit in an icing -rig as the torque starts to rise and fall(hopefully); to thread one`s way into a jungle clearing in a monsoon to extract a wounded soldier; to have the tail-rotor and gearbox part company with you,or an engine failure to a pinnacle LZ; and then go dabbling the nosewheels along the surf on a tropical beach(when one was young ).To survive it all and want to go back for (some)more....Yes!!

Tractor_Driver
31st Dec 2009, 11:53
Stopping, then landing.

T.D.

FloaterNorthWest
31st Dec 2009, 11:55
Simply getting paid to do the job you love.

FNW

Captain Gartmort
31st Dec 2009, 12:23
An office with a different view everyday!

From flying people over to the Bahamas and Florida Keys for a fun night out or landing on a major highway to airlift a car crash victim. I love it all.
Not to mention getting paid for sleeping and working out while waiting for a call to come in. :ok:

Flaaaare!!
31st Dec 2009, 12:28
I like the ease with which I can move around to precisely the spot I want to be in almost without moving the controls.

....and the view!

Devil 49
31st Dec 2009, 13:10
You have to do what you were born to do.

chester2005
31st Dec 2009, 13:25
Used to fly planes with my dad in the 80s and at the time i thought that was good....
Until i started flying rotary as an adult!!!!!!!!!!!
What more could you want ????
to be able to go where no one else in any sort of aircraft can. (Harriers excepted)
to be able to stop and loiter at a beauty spot without circling.
to be able to fly backwards should you feel the need.....

Helicopters have been in my blood since i was a child but i thought they were prohibitively expensive , so i went for fixed wing instead.
What a mistake... you should not try to ignore what is in your heart.
Oh and i was right they are prohibitively expensive...
Happy New Year to all

Chester:ok:

kcopter
31st Dec 2009, 13:29
The best thing for me would the joyful sublimity of having the earth spinning beneath you. Although that would only be partually true, the Idea makes me want to give my disorganized romance another chance!

Crank it up for 2010!

Flyting
31st Dec 2009, 13:33
After taking my older brother (who is a desk jocky) for his first flip in a heli, he was overheard saying to his wife on the phone: "...and then the litlle C%&T asked me how I liked his office...!!!"

one of those priceless moments in our love/hate relationship...

herman the crab
31st Dec 2009, 13:47
Landing, walking into the cafe, laying the keys with the helicopter key chain on the counter and having the beautiful women fighting to give me their phone number.

Well - at least I have the chance of a calender! :)

HTC

Stuck_in_an_ATR
31st Dec 2009, 13:54
Just started learning to fly Helos. I love the challenge, the complexity of the machine and the satisfaction and pride when it actually starts to listen to you and follow your orders... And it's only beginning for me, I can't wait to learn more :ok:

Troglodita
31st Dec 2009, 13:58
Am I the 40th person since the original post obviously doesn't count?

I am still trying to figure out the answer to your question after 40 fun years and some 15,000 helicopter hours - can I let you know when I have?

Trog

Bo:mad::mad:kks - Stuck in the Air beat me to it!

Ned-Air2Air
31st Dec 2009, 16:43
Another ten calendars added to the give away so keep posting. It means all posters up to number 55 get one since that takes into account my posts :)

Heli-Ice
31st Dec 2009, 16:50
Well I love almost everything about it.

The view from the office is usually great, the feeling of fulfilment when completing demanding jobs, no day is like the one before and the list goes on...

...and it beats sailing around rough seas gutting fish for a living (I did that for too many years)

Happy new year people!

Titus Frisbee
31st Dec 2009, 17:17
I was once asked (by a non-pilot) "why helicopters?" and my answer then, as it still is today is by quoting the great Louis Armstrong " If you gotta ask the question, then you'll never know!"
so what's the best part about flying helicopters? Flying helicopters!

No Speed
31st Dec 2009, 17:20
Thankful to have the best seat in the house :)

indrek
31st Dec 2009, 17:44
The freedom of flying and the smile on my face after full day of flight.

EddieHeli
31st Dec 2009, 19:25
Flying sideways down the runway when the crosswind is too strong for the Fixed Wing Guys.
Being able to stop to admire the view.
Able to land in a field to sit out the weather.
Flying into my garden to take relatives for their first ever helicopter flight.

EddieHeli

MartinCh
31st Dec 2009, 21:08
Ned, any chance to include first 50 replies? :-D
Go on, make my day.
I can only grope the Vertical Mag only so many times till it doesn't give me that 'new' kicks anymore.

As someone said in the past, flying helicopter is the closest to flying magic carpet in real. I've only got 50ish hours from 2008 and sadly have to keep slaving another handful of years till I'm done with training and employable (if powers to be allow me to get at least instructor job).

Flying low level, hovering around, all the variety of jobs done with heli as future prospects should I be healthy and alive to get to do them.
Real hands on flying, unlike the holy grail of all those crazy wannabes wishing to be in the front of 737/320/777/747 etc.
I do want to do some airplane bush flying, seaplane flying.

I love gliding, but flying helicopter is the ultimate bush flying, hands on, varied, rewarding, international in the nature. Something those only walking or driving cannot understand. Also proper career, unlike gliding.
Cool to some, yes.
"Getting there being from ordinary family without fortunes and big loan options"? NOT COOL. I hope to finish up by 2012. NYE resolution - work towards my goals even harder.

Martin

EDIT: YEAAAAH!
Just read previous posts. Superb. I hope I don't have to send you my credit card details for verification purposes :eek:

Akutan
31st Dec 2009, 23:15
Flying anytime, anyplace and returning the machine to ya garage each night and not having to store at an airport.

Stopping to fish on rivers far far away.

All the best to one and all :ok:

alouette3
1st Jan 2010, 00:21
To (mis)use a quote from a movie: "Airplane pilots make movies,helicopter pilots make history".
To me , that is good enough a reason to get in each day and tame the beast.
Cheers to all and a happy and safe 2010.
Alt3.

Rosh
1st Jan 2010, 00:27
I enjoy the fact I get to spend both Christmas and New Year eating kebabs, longing for a cold beer, in a sandy place.

(Can anyone else hear that high pitched whine?)

Without the sarcasm: I still enjoy the opportunities that flying helicopters has given me, and the places I have had the privilege to see.

I also love the fact that I'm getting a free calander.

And.....picking it up into the hover never gets old.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/rjaypalan/DSC00551.jpg

Happy New Year to all from Libya.

Here's to a safe Twenty Ten.

(Libya - It's good for the liver, and I don't envy all of your hangovers... honest!)

22clipper
1st Jan 2010, 00:43
When I was a little kid I tried to lift myself up in a bucket by standing in it & pulling on the handle. In adolescence I got a degree in physics & found out why that can't happen. In my late forties I learned to hover & discovered the next best thing to lifting yourself up in a bucket.

Senior Pilot
1st Jan 2010, 01:57
Thanks, Ned: certainly one of the quickest post counts for a thread in a while :ok:

Happy New Year to you all :)

O/S and BLEEDS
1st Jan 2010, 03:19
because when i.....

pull the stick in my left hand, and i move the stick in my right hand, and use my feet to move the pedals to stop my bum cheeks from being sore(staying in balance i think it's called), and i get that all happening at once, it feels great!!!
:ok:

Jolly Green
1st Jan 2010, 03:22
Senior Pilot nabbed the last one! His service to all of us certainly makes him worthy of any freebees any of us could give away. But anyhow . . .

I like the mental drill of dealing with off airport landings. When the plank drivers complain about airport markings or diagrams I think of what we enjoy at the unimproved sites and challenging helipads.

Ned-Air2Air
1st Jan 2010, 03:23
Keep posting guys and gals til it gets to Post No 70 :ok:

DONT FORGET to send me a PM with name and postal address when you have made your post.

Ned

Senior Pilot
1st Jan 2010, 03:54
Senior Pilot nabbed the last one!

Not at all: just complimenting Ned on his generosity :D

Nigel Osborn
1st Jan 2010, 05:22
When I told my Father I wanted to be a helicopter pilot, he told me to study & get a proper job. 47 years later I still haven't done what he said!:hmm:

tony 1969
1st Jan 2010, 08:56
To borrow a well known quote...
'Its man and machine in perfect harmony'.
Except when I am flying it ;)

Nubian
1st Jan 2010, 09:14
Nothing beats the smell of Jet-A and a cup of coffee in the morning sunrise, and nothing is better than a cold beer after a full days work. (counting out that you get paid)

Happy New Year to all!!

Cheers

Whirlybird
1st Jan 2010, 09:21
Freezing cold, miserable day yesterday. Went flying and saw the snow from another perspective, in a machine which in the cold air took off like a...magic carpet. It all looked...wonderful! Does that begin to explain it?

Simon10
1st Jan 2010, 09:39
Well there was a time flying helicopter was my be all in life. This was in my early 20. Now many years after, I do still fly - and enjoy it as much as before. However other stuff has come into my life - as wife and kids, career, etc.

However, I do still love the whole process from planning a flight, making the neccessary arrangements and of course the very lift of moment. I do still get that thrill, and I yes I love it!

Happy new year!

Simon10

Fly_For_Fun
1st Jan 2010, 11:36
I have been flying for 25 years now and still get up for work with a feeling of how lucky I am to do what I do. I could not imagine doing anything else but flying helicopters. Thanks to all who have helped me and made my career possible. :ok:

whirls73
1st Jan 2010, 11:54
I did my PPL(H) about a year ago. The thrill and challenge of mastering hovering and being able to land outside my house, long way to go and lots of money before I can be paid to fly, maybe some day:ok:

griffothefog
1st Jan 2010, 14:21
When I was a child, I was fascinated by hummingbirds......

When I flew the Bolkow for 7 years, it all made sense :eek:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk50/marcusdoha/Marcusflying.jpg

Look at that smile....:ok:

Troglodita
1st Jan 2010, 14:45
Is that Phil Hutchinson in the back with you?

Trog

Gaseous
1st Jan 2010, 16:39
Flying back from the lakes over a 30 mile traffic jam on a bank holiday Monday. Bliss

Otterotor
1st Jan 2010, 23:53
Landing in a large field of Indian Paintbrush flowers in the spring.:ok:

jetdriverbr
2nd Jan 2010, 02:53
Landing on a snow covered logging road when your dad says pull over I have got to pee.

Jim Dean
2nd Jan 2010, 02:57
I'm presuming Trogladita's doesn't count as that's an observation!
To me the best thing is just the fascination of being airborne and the exhilaration of hovering, winching, confined areas, ship landings etc.
No day is the same.

Rotorbee
2nd Jan 2010, 07:11
That was a fast thread.
All the best to all of you. Many happy landings and always remember, only the next hour counts.

O27PMR
2nd Jan 2010, 07:46
Dammit! Have I missed the deadline???

Oh Well, just in case...

I love the sounds and smells associated with flying helicopters, I love transitioning to and from the hover, avoiding traffic jams and seeing the world from a better viewpoint...

I could go on of course:) what's not to love!?!

Happy new year everyone and safe flying!

PR

Ned-Air2Air
4th Jan 2010, 18:14
Have found another spare box so will give calendars to all posters up to post Number 101, would have been 100 but my post takes one of those :ok:

So post away guys and girls. Other calendars are in the mail today so hope you enjoy them.

Ned

flyer43
4th Jan 2010, 20:27
There's nothing better than flying over sunny beaches, spotting a pretty young lady sunbathing and landing your chopper..................:ok:

revs&checks
4th Jan 2010, 21:29
There's nothing quite quite like the first lift of the day After all the theory of flight lessons, I still think it's pure magic!

The freedom to stop and look at something interesting, low level work, the precision of loadlifting & getting paid to do my hobby! :)

Griffo - Is that Chris B with you?

bolkow
4th Jan 2010, 21:44
There is only one thing better than landing your chopper in such circumstances,,,,,,, burying it!:}

Islandcrazy
4th Jan 2010, 22:00
Being able to go anywhere, mostly anytime, in the hot sunshine and enjoy being free!

nuthin
5th Jan 2010, 02:00
Its like the view in a rotating restaurant except it changes faster.

heliclay
5th Jan 2010, 04:02
the feeling of vertical takeoff is amazing. to go in any direction you desire and truly have the freedom to FLY where you want. just AMAZING

rotorfan
5th Jan 2010, 06:51
My first 20 years of flying were in seized wings. When I took my first heli training flight, I was awed. I was an idiot student all over again, and the sheer challenge was both a curse and delight. Later, when my FW friends wouldn't fly because the crosswind was 17 kts., I'd practice pedal turns in the R22. Great fun, still a challenge. A big kick was taking my son along for the first time. He was about 13, doors-off on a summer day, and we hadn't hover-taxied more than 30 feet, when he exclaimed "This is cool!" It's hard to impress a teen boy.:ok: (At this point in my marriage, and my heli flying, I'd pick an hour in the cockpit over an hour between the sheets. Flying helis is still exciting!:E)

Davi.river
5th Jan 2010, 10:59
I love How it glide when I pull down the collective. I love landing in my home (south of Spain), have a tea and continuous flying. I love flying in mountains, lakes, and by the see with the option of landing wherever I like, and I love flying at full moon night in summer time without doors in the lovely H269

Best regards

David Rivero:ok::ok::ok:

wish2bflying
5th Jan 2010, 11:21
I love the freedom, the vertical departures, the doors-off thrill at low level, and I simply haven't had anywhere nearly enough. These days I'm restricted to watching other people fly, mostly in the simulator, and making them sweat when I make an engine start to pop.

I'm slowly getting to the point of realising that I simply won't ever have the money, short of a winning lotto ticket (which you have to buy to win!), to be serious about being a pilot.

Note to the young and stupid oops I mean inexperienced: get in young, and get established in your flying career before you get married ... or marry into a VERY rich and VERY generous family!

Ned-Air2Air
6th Jan 2010, 02:35
17 calendars left to go everyone. :ok::ok:

Cheers

Ned

Helikopter
6th Jan 2010, 13:46
Low level at night, NVG, SAR , and no 2 flights are the same.
The fact that many people say that helicopters shouldn't fly and we prove them wrong everyday is a bonus!

I like it all.

All the best to all of you

rusty206
6th Jan 2010, 16:27
Said before but I think the ability to hover is the most amazing thing in the world.

Happy new year to all

Tarman
6th Jan 2010, 22:34
Learning to fly, and subsequently flying, helicopters has taught me that you can achieve your boyhood dreams if you are lucky enough (even if it takes you 45 years to do it !!).
The day of my first solo flight is forever etched on my mind and is something that I never thought that I would ever achieve both from a financial and a confidence point of view. :)

Kandy04
7th Jan 2010, 00:44
From the first vertical takeoff to the touchdown after my commercial checkride, it has been just sheer joy! There is nothing....nothing like flying down the Chicago Lakeshore at 200ft and 85knots to show you what joy is!

Kandace

SoBe
7th Jan 2010, 04:51
As Leonardo da Vinci once said:
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

And who would know better than him, the creator of all our joys...

Ned-Air2Air
7th Jan 2010, 05:12
Just remember all, that when you have made your post you need to send me a PM with name and postal address so we can send you your calendar.

Ned

Capn Notarious
7th Jan 2010, 06:14
Ned.
When you have sent out calenders to the worthy pilots.
Will we be able to see the pictures therein?

Ned-Air2Air
7th Jan 2010, 06:43
Capn - You will have to talk to Senior Pilot about that one. If I post stuff that is deemed as promo for a particular mag then I am in the $hit again :ok:

Thats why I have worded this thread the way it is.

Ned

mikelimapapa
7th Jan 2010, 16:37
Flying to the middle of a field in the pitch black of night with no ground lights, landing in a unlit lz surrounded by powerlines and trees, trying to get some shut eye in the back of a van, getting woken up at 4 am to fly low level over 100 acres of corn to keep it from freezing..........what a hell of a way to make a living :ok:

Mike

darrenphughes
7th Jan 2010, 17:20
Flying over Newark at 1500 enroute to the Hudson river exclusion, with the big boys landing and departing right under us. Nothing like it.

monl2507
7th Jan 2010, 20:42
Departing the airfield on a day like today when the runways are closed and the fixed wings are tucked up in the hangar !

Ullr
7th Jan 2010, 21:21
As a new student I love every chance I get to fly, but I could also just spend hours looking at any and all helicopters. Still flying is where it’s at and I look forward to spending more time aloft this year. :ok:

skylimey
7th Jan 2010, 23:21
Dancing 360's down the taxiway at Half Moon before dinner, flying back over SF on a clear cool night...

22clipper
8th Jan 2010, 04:08
A years worth of whirlybird snaps arrived in Oz today. I think it's the only thing in over a decade of chopper involvement that didn't cost me anything! Thanks Ned.

flyagain
11th Jan 2010, 05:36
Still can't get enough of 360 autos, "best seat in the house" sums it up for me though.

Ned-Air2Air
11th Jan 2010, 05:40
Attn: All

Everyone who won themselves a calendar has had it put into the mail so would be great if you could let me know via this thread when it has arrived safely to you. :ok::ok:

Thanks and hope you all enjoy the images.

Ned:cool:

Coconutty
11th Jan 2010, 07:22
Have they all gone now ? - If so can they be purchased from anywhere ?

If not :

Flying on a crisp clear day gives me a feeling of being closer to God -
Just need to make sure not to get TOO close :)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/coconut11/Coconutty.jpg

O/S and BLEEDS
12th Jan 2010, 04:47
Got my calendar. Great shots.Thanks heaps Ned.

Speed

Ned-Air2Air
12th Jan 2010, 07:31
There are still five posts left to fill the 100 so get your post in quick before they are all gone.

Ned

flybull
12th Jan 2010, 07:43
Calendar received here today, Melbourne.. Thanks Ned

Ned-Air2Air
12th Jan 2010, 07:54
Would be interested to hear which pics you all like in the calendar, and why.

Ned

chester2005
12th Jan 2010, 09:43
Calendar arrived in the post this morning (UK)
Many thanks Ned much appreciated
the photos are great

Thanks again
Chester:ok:

toptobottom
12th Jan 2010, 10:52
The smell of the fuel, the 'tick... tick... tick...' of the starter, the whine of the turbine, the 'magic carpet' ride as you lift into the hover, the fact that only a small number of people get to enjoy the feeling of flying a helicopter - and they had to work hard for the privelege, the views, the freedom, the fact you have to concentrate, the look on pax' faces when they've had the experience of a lifetime, the physics, the noise, the smell! I just love it all!!

TTB

alouette3
12th Jan 2010, 19:40
Calendar arrived yesterday. Thanks,Ned, for the initiative.Great calendar too.:ok:
Alt3

j-mac
12th Jan 2010, 20:12
Ned although not a pilot a calender would look nice in our fire service crew room just ask the boys from bond think we qualify ;)

borjaracing
12th Jan 2010, 20:47
Hey Ned,

Can u still send us a calendar?. Spanish Hems would be thankful, and will keep the beers cold for u :ok:

I enjoy nearly everything but the pay :ugh:, but I guess that days like last week, flying over snowed places, pulling that handbrake and leaving the ground, the wife, debts and problems behind is priceless. For everything else there is Mastercard.
And watching that kid running around again after a serious accident thanks to our job makes up for all the rest.

Spanish Waltzer
12th Jan 2010, 20:49
Safely received - thanks Ned
:D :D

SilsoeSid
12th Jan 2010, 22:27
Thanks Ned, arrived safely.

Cover pic/June my favourite. :ok:

Jan - Mad!
Feb - I think we need to adopt that paint scheme here!
Mar - Reminds me of a trip to Kenya, a Gazelle and some Elephants.
Apr - Aaaah! Maemories of a trip on the Uganda, before going S of the Equator!
May - Another memory of a similar morning in Poland.
Jun - Thoughts of Austria, Grossglockner and a great course.
July - Not too sure about this one!
Aug - Looks like aircraft washing time...somewhere oriental!
Sep - Looks nicer there, a few years after my 'Spearhead' deployment.
Oct - The end of another long day.
Nov - Black Ops!
Dec - Back to Austria.

Perhaps this year we should be sending pics to you from UK for consideration for 2011s calendar.

Nigel Osborn
13th Jan 2010, 01:37
Hi Ned

Many thanks for the calendar.......absolutely terrific as usual!!:ok:

Ned-Air2Air
13th Jan 2010, 02:01
You know what guys, keep posting your reasons why you like this industry and sending me your postal addresses and will give away some more calendars.

Ned

Jolly Green
13th Jan 2010, 02:37
Mine has arrived. Congrats on a job well done.

Had to assure the spousal unit that I had not actually paid for anything helicopter related (again). She was not amused at the sight of the New Zealand postage, wondering what I'd gone off and done this time. Anyhow, all is well on the homefront now. She actually likes it too.

griffothefog
13th Jan 2010, 03:07
Hi Ned,

Greetings from Muscat where in the the depths of winter we are struggling in temps of 24degs and blue skies!!! :E

Calendar arrived yesterday and is a cracker... Thanks so much. Why don't you come over and get some snaps of our new fleet??

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk50/marcusdoha/newtoy.jpg

The pic of the 300c reminds me of what choppers are really designed for, forget twins, turbine, instrument ratings etc.. This is pure aviation... heli style :ok:

Jim Dean
13th Jan 2010, 03:38
Thanks Ned, got mine. I reckon the cover is probably the best for me because of the clarity of everything in the picture. December close behind for the colour contrast. Rest are pretty good anyway!

Ned-Air2Air
13th Jan 2010, 04:03
Good to see the replies and which images you like.

The one thing I enjoy about doing the calendar give away is this - no matter how much we bitch and moan and complain about this industry and some of the people in it, there are times when we can look at images such as these and just realise what a bloody great industry we are privileged to be a part of. It takes all of us to places we otherwise would never get to see, both in a good and bad way.

So sit back and enjoy the pics and appreciate that no matter what, we are part of a pretty special industry.

Ned

Fly_For_Fun
13th Jan 2010, 12:58
Thanks Ned, it arrived today. Love the paint job on Febs MD500. :ok:

FLY 7
13th Jan 2010, 15:58
Postman delivered it today, braving deep snow and blizzard conditions - very nice indeed. Hope the weather is better in NZ. :ok:

Captain Gartmort
13th Jan 2010, 16:29
Truly awesome calendar Ned

Arrived today Wed 13th, Thanks again.

A really good example of what this industry is about!

Gaseous
13th Jan 2010, 16:43
Thanks Ned,
It arrived today. Really hard to pick a favourite. Like the flaming 500.

kevin_mayes
13th Jan 2010, 17:12
Best thing is that you can fly to RAF waddington for the airshow and drink shed loads of free beer, then to cap it all they give you a free tank of avgas to get home with...

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa111/kevin_mayes/g-bfyipicture.jpg

Ned-Air2Air
13th Jan 2010, 17:37
Kevin - That is a stunning 47G :ok::ok:

thorpey
13th Jan 2010, 19:57
Thanks Ned for the calendar, mine also arrived today. It's got to be the flamming 500 for me. Once again, many thanks, thorpey.

collector
13th Jan 2010, 21:00
Calendar arrived this morning (Croatia)
Thanks a lot Ned...the photos are great!

All the best :ok:

Hedge36
13th Jan 2010, 22:22
Ned: envelope posted here in northern California a couple of days ago... my first 2010 calendar, and chock full of beautiful photos!

Many thanks, that certainly was a wonderful gesture.

H36

DeeJayEss
13th Jan 2010, 23:18
Personally I think that seeing bits and pieces of superyachts underslung over Switzerland takes the cake for me!

Brilliant pics Ned, outstanding work.

Ned-Air2Air
14th Jan 2010, 00:30
Just a reminder to everyone to keep making your posts and sending me a PM with name and postal address as still got some calendars to give away.

Ned

birrddog
14th Jan 2010, 01:13
The view from a Helicopter at 2,000' and below gives a perspective unmatched and a speed range to be able to appreciate it!

Low level flight along the African Bushveld taking in the game and the sites, hover or land when you find something interesting, is what keeps me motivated to fly helicopters.

DeeJayEss
14th Jan 2010, 01:25
Kevin, how straight was your flight home after all that beer?

:E

wish2bflying
14th Jan 2010, 01:42
Received mine yesterday, now it's hanging prominently in the crew room! :ok::ok::ok:

RINKER
14th Jan 2010, 09:15
Ned a huge thankyou for the calander, arrived in Sunny ! Scotland on 13/1/10what a great calander a lovely gesture and my favourite pic is the 205 on the cover and June as its an excellent photo with heavy snow on the ground and the angle it's taken from really shows the machine off.
R

No Speed
14th Jan 2010, 09:31
Many Thanks Ned. Calendar arrived yesterday in sunny Belfast and now has pride of place on my study wall :ok:
Lloyd Fergusons machine looks great with the flaming paint job!

revs&checks
14th Jan 2010, 14:02
Thanks Ned, mine received today!

August is my favourite but they are all excellent!

Cheers:ok:

Akutan
14th Jan 2010, 14:14
Cheers Ned ..........amazing

Whirlybird
14th Jan 2010, 16:27
Mine just arrived. Haven't had time to do more than glance at it, but it looks amazing. Many, many thanks.

flyer43
14th Jan 2010, 17:27
Ned

Many thanks for a good looking calendar. It arrived safely in the wilds of Wiltshire today, despite the best attempts of the post office to slow down deliveries due to the snow!

I partcularly like the B205 and the 234 accompanying June!

Cheers

BT

herman the crab
14th Jan 2010, 18:45
I believe mine has too - unless someone else in NY is sending me stuff - but I am out of country so can't look yet :(

HTC

FloaterNorthWest
15th Jan 2010, 11:15
Received my calender yesterday.

Thanks again Ned!

Chickenhawk1
15th Jan 2010, 14:20
Hey got the calendar yesterday and it looks great! It's travelled quite a way too.

Thanks again Ned!

Amphibious
15th Jan 2010, 14:26
received my calender the the other day, Thank you!

EddieHeli
15th Jan 2010, 14:45
Calendar Received Thanks

iainms
15th Jan 2010, 15:30
Got mine today, its on the wall. thanks.

indrek
15th Jan 2010, 17:45
Got mine today. Thanks a lot.

whirls73
15th Jan 2010, 18:12
Mine arrived yesterday, great photos

Thanks Ned

101BOY
18th Jan 2010, 12:35
Mine is here too. Thanks :ok:

Whirlygig
18th Jan 2010, 21:02
Postie managed to finally trudge through the snow this weekend so thanks Ned :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

Blackhawk9
19th Jan 2010, 03:25
Got mine to thanks Ned.

Tarman
19th Jan 2010, 19:13
Received mine today. Thanks Ned

Tarman

bolkow
19th Jan 2010, 19:27
Mine was waiting this evening in a cold South Wales, UK.
Many thanks Ned, really appreciated.

THM
19th Jan 2010, 21:15
Thanks Ned mine arrived today in the UK great photos and magazine, keep up the good work you have a great team.

rotorfan
20th Jan 2010, 06:49
Thanks for the generosity, Ned. The images are great, as usual.:ok:

heliduck
20th Jan 2010, 07:06
Ned,
Regrettably I didn't enter in your calender competition so I don't expect to receive a calender in the mail, but I have a bit of time on my hands so I just wanted to send you a quick note to say thanks anyway. I didn't want to be the only member on PPrune not to send you a thank you!!

Flyting
20th Jan 2010, 08:59
Finally got it.... Like the winter pics (June & December) and August with the 130 coming in over the lake.
Awesome paint job on the "ball-o-fire 500"

Canros
20th Jan 2010, 14:10
Late as usual :)

Hope it qualifies me that at 71 years young I can occasionally still do it and enjoy it - flying a helicopter that is:E

Nubian
20th Jan 2010, 20:04
Got it! Was in the mail when I got home, great stuff!

Thanks again, Ned

Great shot of the 500:ok:

Stuck_in_an_ATR
20th Jan 2010, 20:09
Just found mine in the mail! Thanks A LOT!!! :ok:

Ned-Air2Air
20th Jan 2010, 20:57
As per my previous post, please keep posting your posts here on your most memorable moment and I will let you know when I run out of calendars to give away.

So post away and send me a PM with name and postal address as I realise some of you are away working and arent in here too often.

Ned

Jimbob0800
21st Jan 2010, 12:23
Well, I've read quite a few posts and they all pretty much cover it, but for me, being able to land in your mates back garden for a cuppa before going home again when he lives a few hours drive away is priceless. Pity I don't have the job to be able to do it more often though. So anyone needing a low hours CPL pilot to take on back garden deliveries feel free to PM me.:ugh:

SoBe
22nd Jan 2010, 03:26
Ned,

Thanks for the calendar, great photos. I think June is the best, nothing beats a good old Huey on a sunny day in powder coated mountains. Brings back some great memories. And then you have this powerful Chinook in the bottom corner, I feel like having June all year round.

Cheers, SoBe

monl2507
22nd Jan 2010, 11:10
Just arrived , Dublin. Many thanks Ned , very decent of you.:ok:

Heli-Ice
22nd Jan 2010, 15:51
Many thanks Ned.

My calendar made it to Iceland 2 days ago.

Great pictures :ok:

tony 1969
27th Jan 2010, 16:03
Many Thanks
Arrived safely
Good stuff

md 600 driver
27th Jan 2010, 16:12
ned

ONE of my most enjoyable memorable moments was collecting my shiney new 480 at the enstrom factory and flying it to the docks at phillidelphi to put it on a boat bound for the uk
l

I Build 92's
27th Jan 2010, 16:32
On the face of my latest customer as he pulls his S92 into a hover for the first time...the pictures in ALL the mags showing the latest helicopter rescue, the boys in the Bering Sea showing time and again why a helicopter is the ONLY way to fly....relief supplies flown into some country somewhere in the world where their need is great and the only way to help is with a helicopter...Igor's vision proven correct day in and day out.

Ullr
27th Jan 2010, 19:22
Ned,

The calendar has arrived, now I need to decide if it should go to work or stay at home.:ok:

Thanks

Pegasuswings
27th Jan 2010, 21:57
in one word?
HOVER :ok:

best thing about being a pilot? Endless horizens and a sweet sounding engine.;)

i wouldn't trade it for the world. :D

Dark007
28th Jan 2010, 13:55
Solo flying to the Isle of Wight via Portsmouth and seeing my local pub and house from the air. Beautiful sunny September evening. That's my best flight so far.

Also first time practicing engine off landings in the hover with my instructor, a misunderstanding occured which led to me rolling off the throttle for him, none too gently either. Suffice it to say we yawed violently to the left and bounced on the ground. "I'll handle throttle control, thank you." :\

mikelimapapa
29th Jan 2010, 02:00
Ned,

Calender arrived a couple days ago, many thanks. Great photos as always :ok:

Mike