PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pilot job in Shanghai/East China

seatrumpeter
30th Dec 2009, 09:56
Hi there,
Was wondering if anyone had any leads for a pilot job in Eastern China. Will be relocating to Shanghai in March. I am just beginning my search but would appreciate any help. I have 5,000TT, 3700 Turboprop, 1,000 Turboprop PIC. FAA ATP, EMB120 type, JAA Frozen ATP, Class 1 medical. Clean record. Good employment history. No jet time. All the contract recruiters seem to be looking for specific jet pic time which I don't have. I am open to almost anything reputable.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions of leads to follow up on.

Thanks in advance

Seatrump

ab33t
30th Dec 2009, 11:54
Register on the job sites , that would be the best bet

GlueBall
31st Dec 2009, 15:56
It's common knowledge that only Korean and Al Nippon have been entertaining non type rated B777 and B767 positions, but only if you already possess significant jet experience on another type. Think of it in reverse: Would Alaska Airlines sponsor a Chinese 1000hr PIC turboprop pilot who wants to move to Seattle for a "green card" and then type him to fly a B737?

The short answer is that you, as a foreigner, to be engaged as a contractor, usually through a leasing company, would need PIC jet experience on a type which the airline operates. Chinese carriers are not in the business of type rating foreigners.

Pilot Jobs, Aviation Jobs, Aviation Employment, Career Fairs, Job Fairs (http://www.climbto350.com)

Fly4Fun
31st Dec 2009, 18:32
Try Air Macau. They use to contract F/O with no type rating or jet time. I don't know how things are going presently at Air Macau, but you can always give a shot.

Good luck
Happy new year to all of you!

F4F

Siu Mo To
1st Jan 2010, 00:16
Jet time is not a must for NX but now most showed up at the interview are already typed on A320.