PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia Type Qualification Program

WannaBeBiggles
28th Dec 2009, 22:46
Hi All

just wondering if anyone knew much about the Air Asia Qualification Program? https://pilot.cae.com/Programs/AirAsia.aspx

I thought it best to ask on here before requesting information about the program only to find out it is a bit of a rip and then receiving countless emails, letters and calls.

What are the terms, rates, minimum stays, possibility of upgrade etc.

Thanks in advance.

ReverseFlight
29th Dec 2009, 02:59
WBB, I see you have moved from Oz to Mex.

I have previously posted this link but admit I am in the dark as much as you are, except that you will need incredibly deep pockets for it. The concern is even having say 500 line hours it is difficult to compete in Direct Entry positions in this climate due to relatively large numbers of unemployed but high-houred F/Os available to start at short notice.

I stand to be corrected on this - I do hope I am mis-informed.

WannaBeBiggles
29th Dec 2009, 04:11
Thanks for that RF, I actually just moved from QLD to Victoria ;)

tony2F
29th Dec 2009, 09:38
Hi guys, politely put , dont waste your money. If you are not a Malaysian Citizen then as an FO you will not get the job. I've been sending CAE countless emails on why do they keep advertising this as the requirements they have on the web site are false. I, among another batch of guys did the training with all the promises of the world fired at us, only to be told at the end ,no visa. As for the details on the sheet they sent usadvertising the terms is also totally innacurate, and they change the situation to suit themselves. When I passed the interview and sim check, I asked did I have to do another, and was told by the head of training and the lady in charge of pilot positioning , no no , of course not. Money paid and half way through the course, we get a letter stating that we have to do another interview and sim check, go figure!! We were also told that our visas were pre approved, total lies as it turns out. Guys, stay away from this. There are about 20 of us that I know of sitting waiting on CAE to do something and its hard to believe they will when they dont even answer the emails........:=

mingalababya
30th Dec 2009, 04:34
Further to what has already been mentioned, Air Asia have their own cadets training in Malaysia as well as in Australia, so I doubt whether they'll need F/O's from such programs. Their cadets will already have Malaysian licenses so all they need is to be type rated and away they go. I understand Air Asia have their own Airbus training facility in house as well. And yes, it's been a well known fact for sometime now (a few years) that the Malaysian DCA will not normally approve foreign flight crew licenses for F/O positions as there are also about 5 flight schools in Malaysia churning out private candidates with CPL/IR and fATPL every month. So it's no wonder why the Malaysian DCA have this policy in Malaysia and good on them for doing so. :)

brasmelzuit
30th Dec 2009, 07:13
Malaysian DCA will not normally approve foreign flight crew licenses for F/O positions

That's not entirely true..I have an Indonesian friend with no jet experience, only PiC on Fokker 50 and twin otter, got hired for FO in A320 position. After approx. 700 hrs, he's now been released as A320 Commander. AFAIK, Malaysian DCA will not issue Malaysia License to foreign pilot. So he used his own country's license, and validated by DCA (Mal.). But I think, that's because Air Asia also has Air Asia brand in Indonesia and Thailand ..:hmm:

mingalababya
31st Dec 2009, 07:41
That's not entirely true..I have an Indonesian friend with no jet experience, only PiC on Fokker 50 and twin otter, got hired for FO in A320 position.

Of course there will always be exceptions and that's why I said "they will not normally approve". Having PIC time on the Fokker 50 is a far cry from a 250 hour CPL freshy which is what I was alluding to in my post.

thornycactus
1st Jan 2010, 11:44
That's not entirely true..I have an Indonesian friend with no jet experience, only PiC on Fokker 50 and twin otter, got hired for FO in A320 position.
You fool! Your Indonesian friend is a Muslim! And of course, he get hired!

A Muslim applicant got into a Muslim country and get hired as FO!

thornycactus
1st Jan 2010, 11:50
Further to what has already been mentioned, Air Asia have their own cadets training in Malaysia as well as in Australia, so I doubt whether they'll need F/O's from such programs. Their cadets will already have Malaysian licenses so all they need is to be type rated and away they go. I understand Air Asia have their own Airbus training facility in house as well. And yes, it's been a well known fact for sometime now (a few years) that the Malaysian DCA will not normally approve foreign flight crew licenses for F/O positions as there are also about 5 flight schools in Malaysia churning out private candidates with CPL/IR and fATPL every month. So it's no wonder why the Malaysian DCA have this policy in Malaysia and good on them for doing so
You are fully right!

The Malaysian kids in most flying schools (sorry to say, majority are low educated) are filthy rich! They can afford for the expensive flying course fee, and they can sure afford for the type rating.

brasmelzuit
1st Jan 2010, 13:38
@thornycactus: why d'u have to be sarcastic just because you couldn't get those jobs?
Hope you'll never get any job on any countries in Asia...Be rotten in pyongyang you will...:ugh::ugh:

@minga: I'm sure those kids dont have to pay for their rating..AA will take care of it..

Virtual Reality
1st Jan 2010, 14:31
thornycactus,

I am a low educated Muslim, NOT from a filthy rich family and knew no one in aviation world. However, I was selected and sponsored to undergo the cadet pilot program after I excelled during the selection process.

Today, I am flying with a NON-Muslim's airline abroad and earned good enough to support my family and probably have a better career than you.

I wonder what were you trying to say in the last 2 posts?:=

kwaiyai
14th Jan 2010, 07:55
I dont think he has ever been in N.Korea Virtual reality. Frankly ignore this guy,
Regds,:}

evilatp
29th Jan 2010, 07:36
Air Asia website says no vacancies for F/O's or Captains. But I heard that a friend of a friend was hired as a DEC and is starting class this month. Anyone know what is going on? Who would I contact if I wanted to get my CV to recruiters?
Thanks in advance.

takamasa
15th Feb 2011, 20:52
hey guys,

i applied this program too, just wonder if there's anyone actually got the offer?

also wonder if the ban for non-expat FO continues in malayasia ?

thanks mate