PDA

View Full Version : Shirts in HKG

stiknruda
28th Dec 2009, 21:16
I used to have my shirts made by Gralley's in Wanchai.

Will be in HKG early March for a few days, need some new shirts and my girlfriend wants some girlie short sleeved pilot shirts made up.

Does anyone have a contact for Gralleys or can anyone recommend a tailor in the Wanch or Causeway Bay?

Thanks

Stik

Basil
28th Dec 2009, 22:23
Only shirts I've had made in HK were by W.W. Chan ten years ago and, IIRC, were £40 each.
A2, 2/F, Burlington House, 94, Nathan Rd., Kowloon, HK. TST PO Box 96115
MTR TST Exit B1 RT N up Nathan Rd.
+852 (2366) 9738
+852 2366 2634

ReverseFlight
29th Dec 2009, 03:22
I have spoken to a number of pilots who agree that Hong Kong probably has the cheapest available shirts, and not forgetting they may be even cheaper over the border in Shenzhen at less than £5 each (tailored to order). I wonder if anyone has any info.

N1 Vibes
29th Dec 2009, 03:42
Never been to Shenzhen and never want to. But I do understand that the moment you step off the train/bus that some local will be very willing to "stitch you up"!

Or alternatively you could try Raymond in Winston Tailors, in the Far East Arcade, off Middle Road, behind the Sheraton Hotel in TST. Enter the arcade then go upstairs on the right hand side. You may be accosted by other shops as you enter the arcade, but press on upstairs. Cost per shirt about 15 quid coin of the realm each.

Brgd's

N1 Vibes

DiamondC
29th Dec 2009, 05:45
A friend of mine went to a tailor in Pacific Place and had suits and shirts made. They weren't cheap but he is very particular and he was happy with them. I think it was this one:
Pacific Custom Tailors | Pacific Place Shopping Mall in Admiralty, Hong Kong (http://www.pacificplace.com.hk/en/mall/shopping/shops/pacific-custom-tailors.html)

hongkongfooey
29th Dec 2009, 10:42
The best pilot shirts used to be Fairmark ( in Oz, not sure about elsewhere ) fitted nicely straight off the shelf. Then I came here. WTF is the fascination with KA/CX paying ( relatively ) big bucks for shirts that even tho they were measured to fit you personally seem to be modelled on ET ?
( big head and neck, no shoulders and puny arms ) :E