PDA

View Full Version : Czech Air Force MI-24v

El_Presidente
26th Dec 2009, 19:17
Hello,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I thought it a good place to start.

I was based at RAF Coltishall back in 1998, then a young Plt Off. In Nov of that year, a Czech Air Force MI-24v (73-0928 of 331 VRLT) stopped over on its return trip from the Tiger Meet at RAF Aldergrove (I think 7/8 Nov). I took a few photos of this (then) still unique visitor, being a bit of a spotter, and later hosted the operating crew in the Mess for a few shandies.

Sadly, the aircraft was lost on its leg from Germany to the Czech Republic, with the loss of all on board (10/11/98). I was approached by the Stn FSO and asked to keep hold of my photos for any subsequent BOI. I was never asked to hand them over, and whilst I heard snippets about the circumstances, to this day I don't really know what occured.

Today, I was trawling through some long forgotten boxes in the loft and re-discovered the photos. I have one or two with the crew also. My question, can anyone shed any more light? I'm aiming to approach the Czech MoD to see if the pictures can be passed on to the relatives.

Any help, or further info, is much appreciated.

Thanks!

El Pres.

:ok:

rmac
26th Dec 2009, 20:19
El Presidente,

I have business with a HEMS outfit called Alfa Helicopters in Brno CR, most of their Pilots are ex military.

Czech Air Force is quite small, so odds on someone will have known the crew.

If you want to PM me I will give you my private email and then look to put you in touch with someone from Alfa who can help you.

ab33t
27th Dec 2009, 10:19
What has stirred the memories 11years later ?

StopStart
27th Dec 2009, 10:28
What has stirred the memories 11years later ?

Today, I was trawling through some long forgotten boxes in the loft and re-discovered the photos.

RTFQ :hmm: