PDA

View Full Version : SA Pilot CV Advice

747TDR
26th Dec 2009, 11:33
Hi guys,

I'm a newly qualified CPL/ME IR and would like some advice with regards to setting out a CV. The target companies would be small charter operators and possibly flying schools once I get the Instructors. The CV would be focussed on the average South African pilot CV layout as foreign CV's are vastly different to anything I have seen here.

Any help will be much appreciated.

747TDR
26th Dec 2009, 17:58
Thanks suitcase! Much appreciated! :ok:

Hot Shots
27th Dec 2009, 15:49
Hi 747TDR Good luck with the job hunt. Not the easiest thing to do but worth it in the end. What suitcaseman said is 100%. That is unfortunately the only way to get in to any company. The more you bug them personally, the better they get to know you and they can see that you are keen to join. Your C.V. must just show relevant info and to the point. Don't write a long winded story of your life! Keep it short and simple.

Good luck!!

NOTOT
29th Dec 2009, 12:04
The above is all good and please, please do not put in your CV what you do in your spare time. Trust me, having been in the recruitment side of things, nobody is interested in your bonsai pruning skills!!!!!!!! Short, sweet and to the point!!:ok: