PDA

View Full Version : City Uni MSc Airline Operations

helo425
25th Dec 2009, 16:31
Hi all

Any opinions or experience of the above MSc sought.

Thanks

Tourist
25th Dec 2009, 16:36
I think it will serve you very well in the RAF, covering just about everything you will need to know as an RAF officer.

Rigga
26th Dec 2009, 19:15
'tis a good course - do it if you can.

c130jbloke
27th Dec 2009, 11:27
Finished the Air Mngt MSc cse in 2007 - very good value so feel free to PM me if you want more details. I am a bit confused though - the ops cse is only a BSc, so which cse are you talking about ?

helo425
27th Dec 2009, 12:17
Slightly misleading in my thread title. (Title changed) The course on offer is the MSc in Air Transport Management. There is also an option for Air Safety Management.

The fees quoted are £9000 for up to 3yrs study. I was thinking of using the ELCs available in order to pay for it.

Thinking about using it not only for RAF but also to enhance my profile for future civ work in an airline or airport.

(Nb I am not crew but Ops)

Helo425

14greens
27th Dec 2009, 15:57
There is another school in the emerald isle that are offering a similar course but trying to get the correct info out of them is not that easy, they have a combined course which has an ATPL part attached to it
Only advantage i can see of the Ireland one is its 2 years if you have ATPL which gives some exemptions, info was in flight and latest BALPA mag, its Waterford flight school

minigundiplomat
27th Dec 2009, 16:34
Hi,

just finished the MSc in Air Transport Management. Its great, you should go for it. You can use your ELC's too.

Its very weighted towards civil aviation, which is no bad thing in the long run - but it is all really interesting stuff. Im almost sad to have finished.

PM me if you want more details.

MGD

helo425
27th Dec 2009, 17:13
Thanks for that. PM on its way.

Helo425

bala_murali
7th Oct 2010, 14:07
Would like to know what is the difference between Msc in Air Transport management and MBA in aviation management?:hmm::hmm:
I have got a offer letter from Griffith university in Australia for MBA in aviation management( Griffith University | Graduate Certificate in Aviation Management - Nathan (http://www17.griffith.edu.au/cis/p_cat/admission.asp?type=overview&ProgCode=3112) )
and Buckinghamshire new university in UK for Msc in air transport management for this January batch?(Air Transport Management (http://bucks.ac.uk/default.aspx?page=10036) )

I have done my bachelors degree in electrical and electronics and have worked in dell computers for 2 years as a senior hardware technical support executive. 60 percent of the people have told me that doing these masters degree in a waste of time and the rest 40 % told me that I is a very good way to enter the industry, especially for a person with no aviation experience like me . :sad:
From what I come to know, nothing in aviation is 100 % sure. So I am willing to take the chance. Flight operation is what I am mainly interested in! But yes if I don’t get through that I can work in other field also .I take these master degrees as an entry ticket to the aviation industry.
So guys I would like your views on both of the MBA and MSc . If anybody body has finished the above programs from these colleges let me know your feedbacks regarding the university also .It will really help me make a good decision. Thanks a million for your time :ok::ok::ok: