PDA

View Full Version : Satawu has a go at CAA

Selfloader
23rd Dec 2009, 09:07
Talk about stating the obvious: "Fatigue tends to catch up with drives (sic) as a result of tiredness."

SATAWU PRESS RELEASE

We would like to shed light and put our view about bus accidents and plane crashes that have been happening of late.
As an organisation we are extremely concerned about the level of plane crashes that are happening. To that end SATAWU prepared a dossier on the operations of South African Civil Aviation Authority. There are worrying irregularities that SACAA has committed. Hence these plane crashes that are taking place. The Minister needs to clean up the SACAA so as to have an Authority that will indeed carry out its operations by the book, and regulate and not compromise the general public.
We support the move by Government to impound any busses that are defective. In fact the buses that are defective must not be allowed to operate if they have a record of fatal accident like Putco have done along Moloto Road. We as SATAWU have always and still are advocating for a publicly owned, reliable, safe public transport, as compared to privately owned transport, which in most cases compromise the safety of passengers by overloading, over working drivers and the use of defective buses.
Long distance bus drivers need to be more than one so that drivers are not over worked. Fatigue tends to catch up with drives as a result of tiredness. Bus companies must put safety first and profit later.
We hope all shall have a safe festive season.

ab33t
23rd Dec 2009, 11:07
Does fatigue occur any other way, never mind at least they are trying

divinehover
23rd Dec 2009, 15:21
"plane crashes". Very professional. Shame at least they're trying.

Goffel
23rd Dec 2009, 20:38
maybe just maybe I will get a new chair to stop the fatigue.........oh yes and a pay rise to pay for my new mercedes.

Selfloader
24th Dec 2009, 08:49
why do I get the idea that Satawu, which successfully created a stir at SAA in January and which saw the demise of Khaya Ngqula some months later, is gunning for the (white?) management at CAA?