PDA

View Full Version : Another nail in the Servisair NCL coffin?

ReadyToGo
22nd Dec 2009, 17:06
Or a little boost perhaps.

I see Brussels Airlines is upping the frequency to 3 a day. A nice little boost, as I was under the impression, that although it was just a single (and badly timed) turnaround, it paid well, and required minimal staff and equipment.

However...

It also is apparently going to be done using Bmi aircraft, and crew. Bmi are currently handled by Swissport.

So what happens now. Does the Brussels turnarounds go to Swissport, or has Servisair clicked 2 extra flights a day?

Servisair surely can't afford to lose another contract, and if the SN paid as well as I was always lead to believe, it would be quite a loss. Although, over the summer, they will still have a fairly busy TCX and OHY schedule, and of course the Mail flights (who operates them now?).

RTG!

groundagent
22nd Dec 2009, 17:19
The bmi aircraft operating for Lufthansa are handled under the LH contract. I assume the same will happen with the SN contract too so no change for SA or Swissport with the existing contracts.

GA

ReadyToGo
22nd Dec 2009, 21:03
Bmi operate for Lufthansa at NCL? I didn't know that!

Good news for Servisair then.

RTG!

groundagent
23rd Dec 2009, 08:43
LH at LHR . . .:rolleyes:

Was giving an example of a similar contract involving aircraft operating for another carrier.

ReadyToGo
23rd Dec 2009, 16:40
Ahh right... Cheers. Seems this is standard practice. I'm told Servisair have also been handling an Eastern Airways J41 recently. When it has been operating on lease for Air Southwest, despite the fact that T3 are usually handled by someone else.