PDA

View Full Version : SAM simulator

tonker
22nd Dec 2009, 10:49
I found this on another site, and as Xmas is almost upon us i thought i would post a link to give you something interesting to do over the next few days!

(SAM Simulator) (http://sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/home)

Op_Twenty
22nd Dec 2009, 11:18
Thanks Tonker, that's Christmas taken care of then - good find!

MAINJAFAD
22nd Dec 2009, 11:18
Nice...However done it for real at Spadeadam (though the peice of kit I worked on is not done on this sim, and in real life its a multi operator job to operate any of those Russian systems). I love to see somebody do a Bloodhound Mk 2 one (The Swiss still have a working LCP Mk 2 trainer at their Bloodhound Musuem at Gubel, which they use to show the public how engagements were carried out, plus they declassified all of the Air Publications (they used the same books as the RAF) including the EC Handbook on the day the system was phased out and kept a copy of all of them at the museum).

Gainesy
22nd Dec 2009, 14:12
Bugger that, there's a Thud trolling up an down about two miles west.:uhoh:

green granite
22nd Dec 2009, 14:44
All I get is a message that it requires a screen res of 1280*1024 but it's set to 1600*1024 so I set it to that and I get the same message but that its set to some weird ratio, cant set my monitor to fool the prog into thinking it's correct. :(

Thud_and_Blunder
22nd Dec 2009, 19:10
Me? Trollollolling? Surely not...

:}

MAINJAFAD
22nd Dec 2009, 19:10
Got problems here too, Graphics card can be set to the correct settings, but my monitor can't hack it. Guess I'll just have to hold fire.

Gainesy
23rd Dec 2009, 08:22
Well some would say that having a GIB called Blunder is fairly accurate.:)