PDA

View Full Version : Which iPhone

allthatglitters
22nd Dec 2009, 07:39
My son is expecting Santa to bring along an iPhone to replace a Nokia 5800 which he has had for some months now (not that many), wondering about which model and what is the real difference between the 5800 and iPhone. Any help or suggestions would be useful, he has an Apple Mac laptop computer, which came with the mandatory APPLE TAX.

ab33t
22nd Dec 2009, 12:15
The best idea is to go online and do a phone comparison , the differences are many and would take up loads of time rehashing them here . Iphone has the x factor

planecrazy.eu
22nd Dec 2009, 14:33
Can call it apple tax, trend tax, or just premium product tax, but the fact is the IPhone is a premium phone, and its a very good one thanks mainly too the vast number of Appz you can get for it.

Its got a good screen size, very intuative as my 3 year old can use it with zero issues, and appz install in seconds and with little bother.

All apple products are about making a statement, and they are all about useability, functionality and ease of use...

You can get it on 3 networks from the shops (to my mind), 02, Orange and Tesco...

You can get the 3G and 3GS, the later been the new one.

PAYG is around £350, contract varies, but its around £180 for a £35 p/m contract. Think 02 does a PAYG one where you topup £15 and get a fair fews mins and texts, and untld internet is standard on the iphone...

5800 vs Iphone would leave the iphone a clear winner, the screens bigger and more sensative/easier to use, the navigation is easier, installing appz is easier, and loads more.

Most phones are very similar these days, your paying for looks, operating system, screen size in the main...

Most new ones seem to have GPS, and most have all video, photo and email functionality...

Iphone is basic as far as standard features, but the appz are what makes it a winner it each and every time for me...

Keef
22nd Dec 2009, 16:41
I finally succumbed and switched from HTC to an iPhone 3GS a couple of months ago. It's the best phone I ever saw, by a very long way. I got the 16GB version (who would ever want 32GB of music on a telephone?) and paid £87 to Mr O2.

No regrets, and some of the Apps are stunningly clever.

fly12345
22nd Dec 2009, 17:01
the 5800 on paper does everything that the i-phone is capable of but in reality it is the most useless phone i have ever owned....very unreliable touch screen...complicated downloads and absolutely non user friendly...

call100
22nd Dec 2009, 19:46
Not to disappoint him you will need the 3GS. This has a slightly better camera and Video capture. also has a built in compass.
The 3G is still a superb phone and at the moment cheaper.....
The IPhone is actually very very good. It has some shortcomings but not as many as a lot of other phones....It will complement his mac which is something to consider...

Ultimately it's your wallet that will decide.....:}

Aerouk
22nd Dec 2009, 21:24
iPhone is by far the best phone on the market at the moment, it does pretty much everything for example live tv (TVCatchup iPhone (http://iphone.tvcatchup.com) for those who haven't checked it out yet!)

I would say if you can go for the 3GS, but don't feel you've missed out with the 3G it's amazing as well.