PDA

View Full Version : 4 RAF men charged with Smuggling!

nelly_the_nav
21st Dec 2009, 13:00
I had to vent some frustration in relation to this artice:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8402397.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8402397.stm)

Only 4 individuals? I'm slightly suspicious that this runs a lot deeper!

What were these idiots thinking?

The quantities HMRC are alluding to suggest these pillocks must have been passing the contraband to criminals in civvy street.... How dare they use the RAF for this!

I hope they spend a considerable amount of time at HM Pleasure!

Your thoughts?

FJJP
21st Dec 2009, 16:49
You can't credit it, can you? At 42 and a sergeant, you would have thought he would have had a brain he could use to see what he has just thrown away.

What in hell is a 42 year old with a record and a fractured military career with no reference going to do with his life now? And how will this affect his pension? And his good character has been destroyed.

Unbelieveable...

:ugh: :mad:

Two's in
21st Dec 2009, 16:53
What in hell is a 42 year old with a record and a fractured military career with no reference going to do with his life now? And how will this affect his pension? And his good character has been destroyed.

Your assumption is that he was a career professional who became a criminal. Sometimes it's the other way around in the Services.

nelly_the_nav
21st Dec 2009, 17:34
I believe they will be discharged, lose their pensions and do a couple of years each in the clink.

I doubt that these four were running the show though, I'd imagine HMRC are closing in on others who think they got away with it, shame they can't get the ringleaders.... or maybe they will!

These individuals do not represent the wider RAF and at a time when the public are showing appreciation for all the hard work overseas, the actions of a few can damage the reputation of us all!

Those who are involved but haven't yet been caught, best watch out, because I know many, many servicemen and women are outraged by this and would gladly tip the wink to Customs if given the opportunity!

foldingwings
21st Dec 2009, 17:37
Nelly the Nav (More like Nelly the flat-footed elephant!)

Forgive me. How dare you come on here with your first post and cast aspertions such as:

Only 4 individuals? I'm slightly suspicious that this runs a lot deeper!

Read the bloody title of the BBC article!

Four RAF servicemen have been charged over smuggling cigarettes on military flights into two English RAF bases

The law of this land is 'innocent until proven guilty'! Charged does not mean guilty!

I too am venting some frustration in relation to this article

My frustration, however, relates to your appalling attitude, absolute stupidity and down-right arrogance. You are, Sir, a prat!

Either that or your fecking fishing! Now get back under the stone from where you crawled and only come back out once the judicial proceedings are complete!

Yours

A very grumpy and p*ssed off Foldie:ugh:
(Magistrate of this parish)

PS. FJJP - You are no better

Nomorefreetime
21st Dec 2009, 17:37
NTN

There is another thread on this subject and as I mentioned 'Ben Hur springs to mind'

Are you really a 'Nav'......or someone a bit closer to these guys to know the info....Bit like me

Wrathmonk
21st Dec 2009, 18:00
Previous thread (I assume!) - perhaps time for a merge .... although I think there may have been some thread drift as it became a "holier than thou" thread ;)

Clicky here (http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/374849-raf-smugglers.html)