PDA

View Full Version : SA 234 Delayed

aintboeingaintgoing
21st Dec 2009, 10:34
Just seen that SA 234 was due into Heathrow at 06:25 this morning is only arriving at 18:45....is that due to the snow here in the UK or did something go wrong on the aeri

RETDPI
21st Dec 2009, 11:00
Hmm, Just had a good friend who was due to fly back up to LHR a week last Saturday night ( "confirmed" Business Class SAA).
Checked on the Friday and was told she had been bumped till Sunday night. Checked again over the weekend and was then told there was "no flight" Sunday night . Then told she was wait listed for Monday night but could fly Tuesday on a day flight -which is when she eventually got away. She had to connect to Belfast on BA so it was a pretty chaotic few days.

ab33t
21st Dec 2009, 14:42
This seems to be happening frequently

theBOSS
21st Dec 2009, 16:46
i thought the low temp's is better for performance, maybe something to do with the fog.....etc

I.R.PIRATE
22nd Dec 2009, 06:45
Maybe the pax have finally gotten wise to SAA's shameful A340-200 used on that route.

Its actually South Africa's biggest shame that piece of **** aircraft. Forcing passengers to sit through a trip on that piece of airborne faeces - just proves their commitment to client satisfaction.

Oh yes, how naive of me - if you dont need to show a profit, or please a passenger, then of course you can put the idiot public on your rubbish.

Wish those -200s would catch fire and burn out on the apron one night.

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::mad::mad:

Fuzzy Lager
22nd Dec 2009, 07:14
Its known as the Law of Foreseeable Consequences. If you buy a ticket on that scabby airline you can expect poor service, delays, ****ty atitude and an uncomfortable ride.

The good news is that you get to buy new stuff because the chance of seeing your luggage intact again is negligable.

Really, if there is another option, fly with them. Other airlines are not perfect but you go a long way to find another as bad as SAA.

GULF69
22nd Dec 2009, 07:22
IR PIRATE,

Wow you obviously have a big thing against that aircraft... I'm not very familiar with it so can you pls elaborate? (I’m asking out of pure interest)

Capetonian
22nd Dec 2009, 07:47
I fly longhaul and domestic with SAA more than any other airline. They are pretty inconsistent in service delivery and there are certainly some major deficiencies in senior management (aka affirmative employment) where political appointments have been made. Their clerical administration is appalling and a lot of their staff are inadequately trained, and I think they are going to see some problems during next year's football, although they are making a huge effort to get up to the required standard.

Most of the passenger facing staff, particularly the younger, keener black employees are proud of their job and have a natural willingness to please and this is reflected in the service, which is often lacking in refinement but usually very charming. It's a pity that the same attitude does not come from the top.

Comments such as the following are not justifiable.

Its actually South Africa's biggest shame that piece of **** aircraft.
Forcing passengers to sit through a trip on that piece of airborne faeces.
Wish those -200s would catch fire and burn out on the apron one night.
If you buy a ticket on that scabby airline you can expect poor service, delays, ****ty atitude and an uncomfortable ride.
Other airlines are not perfect but you go a long way to find another as bad as SAA.

paully
22nd Dec 2009, 19:06
As someone who foolishly bought a SAA ticket in the past I would heartily agree with the above comments. At least when I went it was the A340-600. Just so you can be sure, If SAA was the only way to get there...I`d rather stay at home :hmm:

ERASER
23rd Dec 2009, 04:30
I.R.P.......apparently your favourite :} aircraft, the A342's will leave SAA's fleet in about a years time, being replaced by A332's......

Damn, I just wish more pax will read the posts above and fly the "better" airlines, I just can't get a seat on SAA flights........hoping to get away to HKG tomorrow afternoon, the flight is sold out........:E

E

Aspen20
23rd Dec 2009, 07:10
Monday night's flight out of LHR was cancelled due to -600 SNC? damaged by ground equipment. SAA also has another -600 in the hangar for a D check. So they are spread a little thin on long haul.

aintboeingaintgoing
23rd Dec 2009, 07:29
I agree with Capetonian, with SAA it is very HIT AND MISS… one flight you get on and have the best flight you have ever had as the cabin staff are brilliant and then on the return leg you have the worst flight you have ever had….. I also agree that the 340-200 is a disgrace....

However saying all of this negative stuff about SAA, having been in the UK for ages now there is nothing like flying home to South Africa and doing it on a SAA aircraft…….(make sure it is the 340-600 J)

I.R.PIRATE
23rd Dec 2009, 09:34
Capetonian, you must be a blind, deaf, 3 ft tall midget, if you think the abuse I level at that hyena-bowel-movement that is SAA's 342 is unjustified.

In this day and age it should be considered criminal to have to pay the same amount to fly on the 342, as a passenger that at least gets some in-flight entertainment on another aircraft.

BURN THEM, BURN THEM, BURN THEM

...and Eraser - thanks for the best news I have heard all x-mas season so far.

fornic8
23rd Dec 2009, 13:33
IR PIRATE
----------

I would be interested to hear your reply to Gulf69!!! :E

F8

Capetonian
23rd Dec 2009, 13:42
I R P

I agree that the seat pitch on the 342 in economy is poor. I'm a little bit more than 3ft and I'm neither deaf nor blind. That said, I'm not interested in IFE even when I fly on airlines which have good IFE. I know that in common with many other carriers, the IFE on some of SAA's aircraft doesn't always work well.

I just don't agree that your abuse about the a/c, and by extension, about SAA, is justified, but of course you are quite entitled to your opinion.

And I would also like to see your answer to Gulf69.

Capetonian
24th Dec 2009, 09:12
You have to read this http://www.pprune.org/african-aviation/359551-guy-loves-saa.html to obtain an insight into this guy's pathological loathing for SAA.