PDA

View Full Version : Executive Turbine

flatdog54
21st Dec 2009, 08:51
I have read on Pprune that ETK has closed its doors, but I also heard the rumour that ET in Lanseria is history since last thursday, is it true?

Contract Dog
21st Dec 2009, 09:24
I am not sure, their contract aircraft still seem to be flying, saw the boys do a flight 2 days back and the engineers working yesterday. Maybe just charter affected?

Sad for the crew that are about to loose their jobs if it is true!

Dog

Jangys
21st Dec 2009, 11:28
Executive Turbine is still around, and will be for some years to come...:ok:

So, stop worrying about them and submit your CV, they are looking for crew.

GunnerB
22nd Dec 2009, 11:17
Seems you have been asleep for a while jangys, a certain bank has taken control, CEO was told to look for another job, SACAA suspended AMO for a while but still don't have their house in order. They are concluding a deal on the sale of the AMO and possibly AOC, just something to think about....

bathtub200
19th Jan 2010, 14:52
What about the CEO'o truck bussiness?

Airplay
19th Jan 2010, 15:38
Please let this not be true! I have good friends there !

Jangys
27th Jan 2010, 07:39
I believe 5 employees resigned in the beginning of January...

1) The Safety Manager
2) The Quality Assurance Manager
3) The Project Manager
4) Contracts Coordinator

And some pilots and base managers also left.

Wonder what the CAA and WFP have to say about that....!!!

Safetyman
29th Jan 2010, 13:58
Jangys, what you heard is true.. Not good..

maxrated
30th Jan 2010, 13:57
I believe 5 employees resigned in the beginning of January...

1) The Safety Manager
2) The Quality Assurance Manager
3) The Project Manager
4) Contracts Coordinator

Hardly the Herculean 'pillars' of the ET Empire. ( as nice a people that some of them are).

I am very certain that ET's infield contract crews would hardly have lost more than a minutes sleep over this "devastating" revelation.

Yes, I'm picturing the horror that must be banks of empty tables in the office, unsharpend pencils strewn carelessly across the floor where only a month ago proud administrators filed CAA mandated triplicate copies of crew reports and catering complaints into thick 90 day files, where endless cups of tea were consumed while arranging paperclips into amusing shapes while people chatted to old high school friends on facebook.

Imagine the totally demoralised tea lady who now only has the Chief pilot and receptionist to make tea for. No one to play tetrus or solitare on the computers. Yes folks its the CAA's apocalyptic nightmare scenario. "Oh the horror of it all....:eek:"

Despite the chaos of the above scenario, the company aircraft and crew unbelievably are still able to get get airborne and do their jobs safely and correctly, much to the consternation and amazement of aviation industry onlookers.

Certainly in their absence, the good engineers, pilots and aircraft of Executive Turbine will continue to pull in revenue for the company, now unencumbered nor obligated to entertain, the administrative whims of the CAA pandering, lower middle management who have been labouring under the general misimpression that increasing the administrative workload of your crew, massively improves the quality and safety of your operation.

I think ET should have gone for the 'lean and mean' management model ages ago. In the current market, company's cannot afford to have offices full of non-revenue generating employee's. (even if they are nice people)

Wonder what the CAA and WFP have to say about that....!!!

If I were a share holder in that company, I'd hardly give a 'Tinker's cuss' what the CAA thought about it.

Even if CAA thinks that aviation company's packed with administrative, non revenue generating staff, improves safety ( which it does not), they are not the ones who have to pay salaries in the company's they (over)regulate.

If there is no profitablility in the company then there is no reason for it to exist and therefore no company for the CAA to regulate , thereby making them redundant as well. Economics rules at the end of the day, CAA's opinions come second.

....oh I'm sorry I'm rambling on a bit....:hmm:

Contract Dog
30th Jan 2010, 14:57
:D MaxR, That is one of the best posts I have read here! Brilliant!!!!!! LMAO

Dog

piapito
31st Jan 2010, 07:49
:ok::D

Thank you Maxrated!

Have to agree fully to your point and love the way you see the economics in the things. The LEAN model has been in use across countless industries for decades now with great success. I wish that your message makes it to the desks of some other companies (and there is a couple) out there which is run by bean counters without the faintest idea what aviation is about. I get the feeling that out of sight out of mind plays a big roll. It seems that if you are on contract managing multi million dollar contracts, flying aircraft in testing conditions, you're forgotten cause you're not seen!!!!. The lady doing the filing with the nice ass walking 6km's a day carrying you're sh*t and tea around seems to be the hard working one. It is time to look after the crew, if not it can come back and bite you in the ass. WARNING!!!:=

Gooneybird
31st Jan 2010, 11:46
:ok: Awesome post maxrated...the key elements of that should stickied. Bloody bean counters are a hinderance to aviation safety, not a help. As stated before, streamlining has been the way forward for most industries.

Skysafe
31st Jan 2010, 15:05
Pour another double!

wishter
31st Jan 2010, 21:25
ET is still going on at this time. I am still flying on contract. Apparently we will know end of Feb what's going on. I truly hope that it's all just a rumor! bank has taken over the company and a couple of people have gone looking for greener pastures, but there are still contracts. Apparently one of the contracts will be taken over by another company, not sure who, but all will be revealed at the end of Feb.

Fingers crossed!