View Full Version : Going in Namibia for an Interview.

pineteam
20th Dec 2009, 18:42
Hello All, :)

I'm from Mauritius Island, I will go beginning of January 2010 renew my CPL/IR in South Africa and I plan to go in Namibia to try to get a job there.
I know my chances are very low but better give a try than nothing! :P

I'm currently flying on a Cessna 182 as a jump Pilot with a South african CPL/IR about 260 Hours now and a frozen ATPL.

I've heard that West Air might take pilots with low hours.. So i think I will chec with them first.

And what about Sefofane, Wings Over Africa and Scenic Air? Is it worth it to meet them? The thing is I've got only 2 full days to do the interview, I guess it will be difficult to check out with all of them! xD

If you have any reccomendations for good cheap place to stay close to these companies bases. I've seen all these companies are all located at Eros.

Last thing, I never been in an Flying Interview, if you have any advice and what needed to be prepared, I will really appreciate! Do not want to go there unprepared! :p

Thanks for any help and happy flying! :}

ab33t
21st Dec 2009, 15:45
Look through these threads there are some with all the infomation you require, just from my trawling none of the companies you have mentioned are hiring.

optimus.Prime
21st Dec 2009, 17:05
I think visiting "Sefofane" or "Scenic Air" would lead you nowhere!

Had a word with them yesterday, but both of them aren't recruiting thanks to the "[sic]Global Economic Slowdown"

:ugh:

pineteam
22nd Dec 2009, 08:20
Hello,

Thanks for your answers!

I've just called Wing over Africa but the boss and chief pilots are on leave till January.

Then I called Westair, and they advise me to send my cv first and then I can come to visit to ""show myself"" xD.

Yes, I was pretty sure than none of them are recruting now :{ but maybe if they recruit in 3 or 6 months, I hope they will contact me! :p

Cheers. :)

PPRuNeUser0215
22nd Dec 2009, 09:48
I think visiting "Sefofane" or "Scenic Air" would lead you nowhere!

Had a word with them yesterday, but both of them aren't recruiting thanks to the "[sic]Global Economic Slowdown"

Can I ask if you were having a word over the phone or are you physically there and talking face to face ?

Thanks

optimus.Prime
23rd Dec 2009, 14:36
Yeah the conversation was mostly telephonic with one and via email, with the other Company mentioned!

However I did have a mate to go and pay them both a visit too!:ok:

But alas,:uhoh:

PPRuNeUser0215
23rd Dec 2009, 23:16
Thanks for the reply. Not having a go but from experience a "No job" over the phone is far from what is happening on the spot. If you hang around long enough.
I mean, if Sefofane has 10 pilots hanging around for a job and somebody calls about opportunities then chances are that...
- The person you talk to has nothing to do with hiring pilots
- or that so many are available (and nice enough) in the same town that the easy answer is "No job".

Been there, done that but of course I accept that each situation is different.

Got my first job in Bots, hanging around for a few weeks... I was told it was the wrong time of the year and that many were available. Until one morning somebody woke up and knew I was available. A few years ago I must say but so you keep on trying, don't take an answer over the phone as an acurate reflection of the situation.
No offense to your pal but perhaps he was there a little too early or a little too late. He, also, he's not you and maybe your personality would have rung better than his...
What works for one or doesn't, may work very different for another...

Good luck anyway.

optimus.Prime
24th Dec 2009, 05:25
Agreed!

And Point taken!

Anywayz Best of Luck to Pine!:ok:

pineteam
2nd Jan 2010, 17:24
Thanks to all!

Will keep in touch. leaving on the 4th. I might stay in South Africa only.

P.S: Happy new year! :)