PDA

View Full Version : South Africans in Afghanistan

Staalburger
19th Dec 2009, 07:22
Hi everyone,

I am attempting to get a group South Africans together for a braai/get together at some stage in Kabul if conditions and logistics permit. Having a social get-together near or on Christmas and NY's I would be enjoyable and would it also be great to get to know more people around these parts.

If you are interested then message me with your name and email address then we se how it goes from there.

Regards,
Staalburger

Jeppe76
19th Dec 2009, 08:11
Hi all!

Although not a Southafrican I did my PPL and Com groundschool in Sa, Durban and PE. I am currently working with security for the European Union in Kabul, but plan to get back to SA and complete my stydies in six months or so.

If you have a spot on a jump seat to Herat or Lowgar in the future give me a shout!

Have a merry christmas and a happy new year you all!

Best regards!

/ Jesper (Swedish)

lpokijuhyt
19th Dec 2009, 10:10
Who is still out there? NAC, Naturelink, Rossair, Solenta?

Staalburger
19th Dec 2009, 10:16
Solenta,NAC,Balmoral and SAFAIR are the ones that I know of

MungoP
19th Dec 2009, 10:26
Being a Brit I found it a great experience, 2 Christmases sitting around a homemade spit with a goat revolving slowly in sub zero temps...staring into a huge log fire while we drank the brews... good times... good people. Would be good to be back there.

Staalburger
19th Dec 2009, 16:04
Yes,those are the kind of things that make us who we are as South Africans,we live for a goodtime,hot chicks,cold beer and a braai/fire/Bush TV among other more "sophisticated" activities like playing cricket and rugby which goes quite well with the previously mentioned stuff:)
In our off-time we tend to work a bit also....

It is too bad you're not here so you will miss out on the festivities should we be able to pull it off,quite difficult at times due to security but I do hope that it possible at some stage

Take it easy and it was good to hear from you

Junior-dog7
27th Dec 2009, 13:19
solenta, nac, balmoral and the usual contract dogs, however naturelink just fly in there on a daily basis but actually based in Islamabad.
On that note which one of them have the call signs teazers and loslyf?

aquafresh
27th Dec 2009, 17:46
haha that would be the Balmoral Boys :ok:

Sid447
3rd Jan 2010, 08:13
On that note which one of them have the call signs teazers and loslyf?

Teaser Hotel xx was being used by a couple of helicopters working for ACS/Balmoral out of OAKB.
There may have been other f/w a-c using this callsign also.

Staalburger
6th Jan 2010, 15:41
Hahaha,yes the call-signs are Teazers and Hustler now,apparently the locals found out what Loslyf meant and was not too impressed so they just changed it to an english version of it:)