PDA

View Full Version : Plane Crash at Wonderboom

Sammajoor
18th Dec 2009, 15:42
Heard a rumour of a plane going down at Wonderboom, any news?

eish
18th Dec 2009, 16:21
Baron crashed after take-off - 2 fatalities - instructor and student

Der absolute Hammer
18th Dec 2009, 16:57
Is it not so that the single yoke Baron may only be used for training once the student is type rated and, presumably, current - fully functioning dual controls? Of course in this case, we do not lnow the qualifications of the studetn.
The matter of the single yoke is much over done.
It is quite easy to fly a single engine circuit from the RHS or LHS with the yoke position selected to the other seat. This I have done several times during advanced training. I do not recommend it to be done unless the instructor is very familiar with the aircraft but it is a useful exercise to teach up and coming twin instructors that one yoke, unlike marriage, does not mean loss of control.

eish
18th Dec 2009, 18:32
Picture of the B55 (dual controls suitcaseman)

www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1201697/no_pictures.php (http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1201697/no_pictures.php)

FaFa
18th Dec 2009, 20:39
Unfortunately,My instructor,Herschel Mcleod was flying with his student.His Airplane type was B55(ZS-NKB).After take off the plane lost power and they crashed in a nearby river.Herschel was KingAir 900 Captain and worked for DHL.He Had More than 2800Hrs flying time.2 days before this event,i flown with him but that day i didn't know that this is my last flight with him and i'll never see him again. He and his student died in this trajedy.He left us but we keep him in our hearts.

Herschel we never forget you.Pray for wife and his 3 kids.Rest In Peace

vrysoutpan
19th Dec 2009, 12:27
Myself have never had the priviledge to fly with Herchel, but in my very short experience of the aviation world,I have not met a more positive and supportive instructor. He did my radio tests earlier this year and spent many extra minutes explaining things as well as giving me many positive and challenging feedback. I also want to pray that his family and students will have peace in knowing that he changed people's live's for the better and that he has being a excellent insructor and pilot.