PDA

View Full Version : African A320 Operators

parisjet
17th Dec 2009, 12:39
Hi Guys,

I've been trying for some time to get hold of the rellevant people in charge of Pilot recruitment at the airlines listed below. I just got my A320 rating, no time on type and have been told to approach the following companies for an FO slot. Most don't answer emails, and the lines are bad when you call, or the language barrier can be a prob:

Air Memphis
Koral Blue
Afriqiyah Airways
Nouvelair
Tunisair
Air Cairo
Libyan Arab Airlines

Thanks

captabcd
18th Dec 2009, 08:13
OK :ugh:
So what would you like:confused:

parisjet
18th Dec 2009, 11:49
Hi there, I'd like contact persons, numbers/emails and what the minimums. You could PM if you prefer!

shortfinal12
18th Dec 2009, 16:31
i am in the same boat. I would appreciate any info on these companies aswell if possible. esp with regards to :

Afriqiyah Airways
Nouvelair
Tunisair
Air Cairo
Libyan Arab Airlines

hope you could help me out also. thanks guys!

sf12

nerof53
18th Dec 2009, 16:52
Air Memphis [email protected];[email protected]
Koral Blue [email protected] ([email protected]%[email protected])

Nouvelair [email protected]
Tunisair [email protected];

Libyan Arab Airlines [email protected] ([email protected]%[email protected])

Some of them goes via agency .Do not sign contracts with any agency .

austra1998
19th Dec 2009, 04:40
why do not sigh contract with any agency???

any rip off's???

thanks
austra

nerof53
19th Dec 2009, 05:40
Some of them put some strange conditions on the contract.
Some of those agency have an head office that does not exist but unfortunately
some of those airline company just mentioned they prefer to use agency because they like to do so.I do not know why , may be because they like to feel important...or may be they do not know how look for pilots .
Anyway I personal y suggest to be very careful with agency .

parisjet
19th Dec 2009, 10:52
Hi Nero,

Thanks for that info, and the result were as follows:

Afriqiyah, A320 time on type, they should be recruiting early next year apparently. Brookfield Av are the agent, who seem very unhelpful. I tried ringing Libya direct, but you'll never get to speak to anyone who can actually give you some decent info, you just get passed on from person to person, who don't know what you're talkining about. The salary is very good.

Tunisair, don't take foreigners anymore only Tunisian nationals, spoke to the CP.

Nouvelair. another company I think handled by Brookfield. Managed to get through to the CP, who although seemed in a rush was quite nice, said they currently have their compliment of Pilots, and may consider recruiting next year. Some of their aircraft are helping with Libyan Arab, and Afriqiyah.

Air Memphis, no response at all, even the numbers seem out of order.

Koral Blue, send out an automated generic email, thanking you for sending your CV, and due to high numbers of interest will get back to you whenever etc....

Bahrainair: wanted me to pay for my line training and a few hundred hours. They may not keep you on after though, preferrence is for nationals it sounded like to be kept after. I called the number on their website, then asked to speak with the CP or Flight Ops manager. They managed to put me through to someone quite senior in the HR dept who explained that they have a program set up to help you build some time, this I think is applicable for people coming with the A320 TR already. I think they offer if I can remember, about 200 hours, for a couple of thousand dollars - too much for me anyway. Thereafter you could be released or kept depending on their demands. Tel is:
00973 1746 3330

Lan Peru/Chile. Heard these guys will take anyone with an A320 TR, pay not that great, but good place to start and get the hours up. I can't seem to find their contact details. Anyone out there know anything about them?

bear11
21st Dec 2009, 10:00
I don't want to rain on your parade, and fair dues for your efforts, but the facts as far as I'm aware are that neither Libya, Tunisia or Egypt will offer validations for non-national F/Os if they don't have at least 500 hours on type. If you have the passport and a frozen ATPL, don't mind an A320 rating, Libya is a near walk-in at the minute.

I give you 1 example - a few years ago, 2 experienced Captains I know were flying MDs in Tunisia. The airline was switching to A320 and tried to extend the validations the guys had to A320, the CAA said no as they must have 500 hours minimum on type - nothing to be done about it, so the guys had to leave. If you apply that attitude to F/Os with no time on type.....

BritishGuy
21st Dec 2009, 20:10
Out of curiosity, how much are BahrainAir wanting for the line training and hours on type?

parisjet
21st Dec 2009, 21:04
It's around 20,000 US if I can remember correctly.