PDA

View Full Version : SAS ground handling strike at heathrow dec/jan

stevethescotspilot
16th Dec 2009, 21:10
Hi all.
I found information on the Internet saying that SAS ground services are striking at Heathrow and Aberdeen this festive season, twice in December and once in January.
I'm not commenting on the strike itself as I don't know the particulars, but I have a question for anyone who may know the answer.
The strikes are referred to as 48 hours. This is obvious for the one next week, which is scheduled to start at 0400 next Tuesday and continue until 0400 next Thursday. So, 48 hours.
However, the next strike is supposed to start on boxing day and as far as I can tell it finishes on the 27th. Ditto the strike scheduled for 0400 the 3rd of January, I believe ends at 0400 on the 4th, but obviously these last two strikes are 24 hours, not 48.
So, is only the first walkout 48 hours, or all 3? Can't tell if it's a mistake on the Unite website, lazy copy-and-paste journalism, or if I've misunderstood the wording of the press release.

My reason for asking is that I would be affected by these strikes if the one in January is 48 hours, but hopefully not if it's 24 hours, as my flight is around midday on the 4th. I would just like to know what to expect!

Thanks for any help anyone can give, happy holidays!

Jack_P
22nd Dec 2009, 09:08
Strikes off until the new year, pending discussion's between the union and company, have a nice holiday

undiemole
22nd Dec 2009, 17:03
On the subject of strikes, any info on the planned Swissport strike, everything seems to have gone quiet.:confused:

ShinjukuHustler
28th Dec 2009, 09:15
Enough with the strikes already!!!

Do your jobs and be grateful to have one with the way things are in aviation around the world, the rest of us are sick of worrying if our travel plans and those of family and friends will be disrupted because of your tantrums and biting the hands that feed...

Hustle On.