PDA

View Full Version : How many P1 hours are involved in the CPL/IR courses?

Halfbaked_Boy
16th Dec 2009, 19:28
Hi everyone, I hope the title speaks volumes about my question!

I'm juggling things around in my head, and I'm trying to calculate whether my P1 hours will suffice for the issue of a CPL (100 hours P1).

Or to put the question another way, I currently have 158 hours TT, included in which are 84 hours P1. I'm planning on tackling the IR first, followed by the CPL immediately afterwards. Now, with the training involved, plus the flight tests etc, will I have enough P1 hours to apply for a CPL, or is more hourbuilding required...?

I'm not up to scratch on what hours are logged as what, so I suppose it's also worth asking whether P.u/s qualifies as P1 time, as I'm assuming this is what you log your time as during flight tests.

Best regards, and all replies appreciated. :)

Whirlygig
16th Dec 2009, 19:38
P1u/s for your skill tests will count towards your P1 time but it's not going to total 16 hours though.

All my CPL time was Pu/t (dual instruction) and I think it's the same for an IR course. Looks like you need a few more hours. You could always do these whilst you're on your CPL course (but not part of the course) in your spare time :}

Cheers

Whirls

Matthew Adams
16th Dec 2009, 19:52
If you pass both first time you'll probably get 2 hours a test so 4 hours total.

So looks like you'd need another 12 hours or so.

Halfbaked_Boy
16th Dec 2009, 21:03
Thank you to both for your swift and concise replies - you've confirmed what I suspected, but it's always worth checking in aviation!

Thanks for the clarification - if I'd used a little more initiative I could have had a flick back to my original PPL skills test sign-off and seen the p.u/s entered as command time, but nice to hear it for real.

Good idea to integrate the rest of the hourbuilding in with the CPL - I'm sure there'll be plenty to revise. :ok:

Thanks again.