PDA

View Full Version : Indian Civil aviation V/S Indian Air force

neal_khokhani
16th Dec 2009, 01:36
I am an Indian national currently working in Australia as a flight Instructor with over 1000hrs PIC and 1200hrs TT.

Since the last few months, I have been longing to come back to India although the current aviation scenario doesnt seem to be very promising.

With this Thread, I would like to explore and know more about how does one get into Indian air force after having the above qualification and experience.

Is it worth getting into Indian Airforce not undermining the fact my love for flying!!! or should I continue to pursue a career into Commercial Flying??? and what are my chances in the near future???

Regards,
Neel Khokhani.

P.S Any suggestion/opinion would be greatly appreciated.

jimmygill
16th Dec 2009, 06:38
For IAF the AGE is the most important factor.

neal_khokhani
16th Dec 2009, 11:44
I am only 21yrs old...!!! how many year do I have more before they stop accepting applications???

bombayhues
16th Dec 2009, 11:55
@ Neal
You cant be more than 25 at the time of the course commencement. Max age is 23 but relaxed to 25 for CPL holders.

alouette3
16th Dec 2009, 18:01
Guitarboy,
Just because you have a CPL does not guarantee a pilot position in the IAF.You will have to go through the training process and the standards are very much higher than the civilian sector. If you don't make it past the flying you will be "grounded" and since you have signed on the dotted line, you will be a "groundwallah" for the remainder of your contract with no option of getting out.Think this through really carefully.You may think you have the ability to fly but it is not you who gets to decide and the curriculum is pretty high pressure stuff.
Alt3.

Neal,
That was a response I gave to another gentleman on the same matter.
Good Luck in your decision making.
Alt3