PDA

View Full Version : Flintstone

Flying Farmer
15th Dec 2009, 18:15
Hi

I wondered if you might empty a few pms from your inbox?

Trying to get a message through :ok:

Happy xmas folks.

BizJetJockey
15th Dec 2009, 22:37
Is it me, or is Flinstone actually the first PPRUNE celebrity?!?:eek::eek::}:}:D;):mad::ok::cool:

12Watt Tim
15th Dec 2009, 23:40
No, that was Flying Lawyer.

Flintstone
16th Dec 2009, 01:22
Sorry folks, I don't come here any more. What you might call .......... artistic differences.Thanks to a helpful member for telling me about this thread.

Inbox cleared but feel free to email me at [email protected] Apologies to anyone trying to get through for the last month.

PS. If the email address shows as 'invalid hash' just refresh your page and it should come up. PPRuNe glitch.

mikehammer
16th Dec 2009, 11:42
Then this place is the poorer for it. I for one will miss your popcorn smileys, among many other inputs! Many thanks for the useful info about TAG.

Der_Fischmeister
16th Dec 2009, 12:04
Whats going on here !!???

733driver
16th Dec 2009, 12:12
You have been most helpful for a lot of people over the years, including myself. Your posts were usually informed and almost alway entertaining. We didn't always agree. But often did. I will miss you on here.

G-SPOTs Lost
16th Dec 2009, 14:32
Errrr.....so what the hell happened, PM if required, Amiguity on the "Where's Duck Rogers" thread, no Flinty, .......wtfgo??:confused:

Nearly There
16th Dec 2009, 17:56
So you're just walking out on us.....:{:{:{:p

See you over on the other one if I can remember my password

south coast
16th Dec 2009, 18:44
Come on flintoffski, dont go!

Who will wind up the tw@ts?

His dudeness
16th Dec 2009, 20:12
:{ Bad news. Thanks for all the smiles.

gone till november
16th Dec 2009, 20:58
Does this mean smeagal's gone as well:E

No RYR for me
17th Dec 2009, 13:32
That is a petty.... do we a new PC police on the board???? What is going on?? Can any of the Mod's or Flint expand? :eek:

Flintstone
17th Dec 2009, 15:42
Thanks folks.

It's difficult for me to explain without opening a huge can of worms but basically the site management/owners and I seem to have different views on the security of personal information. It's not something I expected to experience here and frankly I'm still somewhat bemused. I know some will see my staying away as an over-reaction but compared to the alternative of posting the full story, an ensuing argument and general unpleasantness I think abstention is still the best option.

I've always enjoyed helping out with the job search, interviews and wannabees thing and if I have to stop will be hugely disappointed. Wilma says that I'll have more free time to myself though. I've been approached by someone who is setting up a free, web-based, job search site so maybe I'll see some of you there.

mikehammer. Just for you http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/PawlyNV/smileys/1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinking_be.gif

mutt
17th Dec 2009, 16:07
Flintstone, i have always enjoyed your posts, this site is losing a valuable asset.........

Cheers

Mutt

hollingworthp
17th Dec 2009, 17:03
Sorry to see you go - although a bit of PPRuNe cold-turkey would be good for most of us I think :p

Twin2040
17th Dec 2009, 17:26
Sad to see you go - you offered lots of help over the years - Me !! Left GA for DEC on MD80 series - see you somewhere around.

merlinxx
17th Dec 2009, 19:28
Keep the faith Flinty:ok: You were listened to,and appreciated, thank you master:ok:

BizJetJockey
17th Dec 2009, 19:52
A sad day for all, in various different respects, but let me just say that the industry relies on people like Flinty!!! Go on and conquer...and take us with you if you will!!!;):ok:

redsnail
17th Dec 2009, 20:47
Managed to get a pic of Flinty's cat when he found out that his ID had been compromised.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d143/reddo1/image0011.jpg
:}

LEVC
17th Dec 2009, 21:30
Sad to learn we will not have you posting in this forum anymore.

LEVC

clivewatson
17th Dec 2009, 21:48
hey flinty, you and me both appear to be investing in a similar venture! great news for all job seekers and wannabees! take care dude, clive

what's this I hear - a tiff between duck and flinty...surely not?

doubleu-anker
18th Dec 2009, 22:11
Flinstone (say hello to Mildrid)

You will be missed, for the entertainment value alone.

".....the site management/owners and I seem to have different views on the security of personal information."

According to this thread,

http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/375524-news-about-netjets-europe-post4976819.html#post4976819

#59 would suggest that pprune towers run a tight ship. Hmmmm I nearly choked on a bit of toast when I read that.....:ugh:

woodcoc2000
18th Dec 2009, 22:57
flinstone

you have been a great help to many a person on here; myself included..
many thanks

Arkwright
19th Dec 2009, 17:59
Nope, no row between Duck and Flinty.....they know each other well and are still good friends. :ok:

haughtney1
20th Dec 2009, 16:39
Flinty........

Stuff em, their loss mate, not yours :ok:

Spam Up
21st Dec 2009, 08:08
Things would be very different for me now if I hadnt got chattin to Flinty !

Good guy, big loss for this site me thinks !

Spam Up

TheBeak
21st Dec 2009, 10:48
Sorry to hear you shaln't be posting again Flintstone, you are one of the small minority that have consistently spoken the truth with foresight and not hindsight.

Good Luck.

Paradise Lost
21st Dec 2009, 16:02
About time you were rumbled, you cabbage! Happy to hear that Duck's schizoprenia may now be cured. On yer bike I say.....
Now if that doesn't provoke some aggro, then I'm going to clear off too; good riddance to me!

absolute zero
23rd Dec 2009, 05:39
Hi Paradise - that really got the thread whizzing along !! Anyway I heard a rumour you are going to be new Mod !!
Anyway Happy Christmas to you !

Paradise Lost
23rd Dec 2009, 12:59
Anyway I heard a rumour you are going to be new Mod !!
I'd rather stick hot pins in my eyes!
I can only presume the lack of response was because they would all be delighted for me to join the departed Flinster on the "retired" roster.
Happy Christmas to all...........