PDA

View Full Version : DGCA Coversion Forms Help !!!!!!!!!

dsouza_FIT
15th Dec 2009, 17:28
Hello
I just recently finished my CPL in a Multi-Engine Plane and have my Instruemtn Rating also. I will be heading back to India in a few days and i had a few questions on Filling up the Conversion Forms.

1. On the form "Application for Allotment of Computer Number"
After Question 11 there is a Block that says "certificate by attesting officer" - does that block have to be filled by my Chief CFI here in the US or is it filled by the DGCA personnael ?

2. On the form "Application form for Pilots Examination"
Question 7 (ii) - Am i supposed to also appear for a techical paper ? If YES which paper and is there any additional form i would require ?

3. on the form "Application form for pilots examination"
On Page 2 titled - "Annexure - 1" - after question 8 there is a block that says Certificate, is that block to be filled by my Chief CFI ?

4. on the form "APPLICATION FOR THE ISSUE/ CONVERSION OF COMMERCIAL PILOT’S LICENCE (AEROPLANE)"
On page 7 and page 8 - on the bottom of both the pages should that be filled by my Chief CFI ???

5. Is there General flying test report required ? If yes how do i go about doing it ?

6. Are you required to get an Indian RTR(A) ? If Yes, how do I go about getting that ?

7. Is there anything i would be required to do before i leave the US ?

8. Is it possible to have a DGCA personnel or agent look over my forms before i submit it ? anybody in the bangalore area ?

I appreciate all the help i can get, this conversion process sure is going to be one big adventure !

WIKI44
15th Dec 2009, 17:46
pm me your email. there is a lot that you have to get done before you leave. i can send you all the forms.

good luck.

wiki

dsouza_FIT
15th Dec 2009, 18:50
[email protected]

THANK YOU SOO VERY MUCH !!!

SuperflyTNT
15th Dec 2009, 19:40
Hey, after reading your post, I seem to have understood that you haven't yet sat for the DGCA conversion exams (Composite & Regulations) since you are applying for your computer number/pilot number only now. So, as for as things are concerned for now, you just have to submit your Pilot Number applications ASAP so that DGCA will have issued you a computer number for the attempt that is coming up! You can worry about the " APPLICATION FOR THE ISSUE/ CONVERSION OF COMMERCIAL PILOT’S LICENCE (AEROPLANE) " later on as it's going to be in vaild at the moment. As there is no point in submitting your APPLICATION FOR THE ISSUE/ CONVERSION OF COMMERCIAL PILOT’S LICENCE since you don't have the requirement of clearing your DGCA papers. If you have cleared your DGCA papers please dis regards my post. Good luck!

dsouza_FIT
16th Dec 2009, 04:46
@SuperflyTNT

Yeah i have not sat for the exams yet, i am still in the process of filling out my applications. So on the Application "Allotment of Computer Number" After Question 11 there is a Block that says "certificate by attesting officer" - does that block have to be filled by my Chief CFI here in the US or is it filled by the DGCA personnael ?

SuperflyTNT
16th Dec 2009, 06:18
You have two options to get it signed, either you can ask the CFI of your school to sign it or you can get it signed by an gazette officer in India (any government employee). Since you haven't yet sat for your exams, I suggest you ignore the Application for Issue/Convervsion of Pilot License as it holds no good for you at the moment.

Also, please be careful while filling up the Pilot Number form you wouldn't want to make any mistakes and not have your computer number for the next attempt. Get your 10th and 12th marksheets attested by a gazette officer and also your CPL, if you dont have a CPL then your temporary CPL should do, also send the first 25 hours of your log book! Get them attested too. Hope this helps you, good luck

WIKI44
16th Dec 2009, 08:25
1. signed by CFI is fine

2. no tech. paper required for conversion

3. to be signed by CFI

4. no

5. yes. you need a day and night check for each aeroplane you want endorsed on your licence. a day check can be a flight up to 1 hour comprising 3 t/o and landings. check the CA40 form attachment i've sent by email. Same goes for the night check. at least 3 t/o and landings up to 1 hour in duration.

6.yes. you cannot apply for your licence without an RTR. you have to pass an rt exam. check ministry of communication wireless planning commision (WPC) website for details.

7. get all the stuff i've sent you signed.

8. ask people who have already converted their licences.

SuperflyTNT
16th Dec 2009, 10:48
Hey wiki44,

Can you e-mail me the docs too, the same ones that you sent dsouza_fit. Would really appreciate it if you could.
I've PM'd you my e-mail address. Thanks pal.

dsouza_FIT
16th Dec 2009, 11:39
@SuperflyTNT

If i get my CPL attested by my Chief CFI will that do ? or does it have to be verified and attested by the government officer in india ?

euindkan
16th Dec 2009, 11:44
getting it through CFI should do it. it worked for me.

SuperflyTNT
16th Dec 2009, 11:55
@ dsouza_fit

Your school's Chief Flight Instructor should do! If I remember right, I got my Pilot Number Application form signed by my CFI!

optimus.Prime
16th Dec 2009, 13:40
Motion Seconded SuperflyTNT!

the CFIs signature on the first and last page of Your Indian/Jepp logbook should suffice!

Also send a copy of your CPL ME License, and the completed form to the DGCA!

If all goes well, you should find a Computer No. assigned, as and when the next list is posted up online!:ok: