PDA

View Full Version : US pilot with RAF logbook

DougGordon
14th Dec 2009, 09:47
I've had a request for help from a correspondent in the US as below:

"We have inherited a curious artifact which is apparently an RAF Pilot's log book that was used / maintained by a USAF pilot flying RB-45's in England during the mid-1950s (believe he was assigned to the 47th Bomb Wing at RAF Sculthorpe at that time).
As far as we know, this officer (Captain Ray W. Schrecengost, Jr. USAF -- now deceased) was not ever assigned to the RAF. Then again, as he was subsequently assigned to the covert USAF 1129th SAS, we thought perhaps this RAF log book might be an indicator to his having been in some equally, historically obscure assignment with the RAF"

Ray Schrecengost spent a lot of his career in clandestine units including the U-2 and SR-71. I am wondering if he was somehow involved in the RAFs use of RB-45s for some overflights in 1952 and 1954; and perhaps the log book has something to do with this....but I'm clutching at straws.
can anyone help?

Bullethead
14th Dec 2009, 10:02
G'day Doug,

Google is your friend.

Have a look here COL. RAY SCHRECENGOST, Member Roadrunners Internationale (http://roadrunnersinternationale.com/schrecengost.html)

I think you'll find what you're looking for.

Regards,
BH.