PDA

View Full Version : Starting training in Elstree?

easyOlly
13th Dec 2009, 18:18
Hi..
This is my first time posting here, sorry if I'm doing anything wrong, I'd just like to ask for some advice.

I've had the ambition to be a commercial pilot for a long while..
I'm now 16 and have just chosen the topics I am going to study for A-Level (I chose: Physics, Maths, Geography and Biology if your interested)

I was told that I would be best, whilst doing this, to do a Private Pilots Licence at Elstree aerodrome (as just another thing for my CV - as I've heard pilots jobs are very hard to come by)

I'm not sure if anyone knows/heard of it Elstree, but after that I was thinking of maybe applying to Oxford Aviation Academy, and doing the FO course.
However this would be very expensive and although I could fund this, I was wondering if there was another, maybe less expensive, way that you can suggest?

Also as a side note, last year I did my work experience at Luton Airport and have good comments from my supervisor. I learnt a lot from that week.

Any help would be appreciated, and sorry again if I’ve done something wrong.
Olly.

Whirlygig
13th Dec 2009, 18:44
Please read here and then search for integrated vs modular which is what you're asking.

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/131649-archive-reference-threads-posting-guidelines-read-before-you-post-question.html

Cheers

Whirls

easyOlly
13th Dec 2009, 18:47
Thanks, sorry about that.