PDA

View Full Version : KLM customer care

Bushfiva
13th Dec 2009, 14:06
Well, here I am, posting as SLF. I'm trying hard not to sound like Mr Dick, but the conversation went something (almost exactly) like this:

Me: Having travelled on KLM for many years (25+) between Asia and Europe on KLM, this is going to be my first flight in Y rather than C. My questions are, do I get bottled water, do I have seat power, can you hang a suit jacket?

Them: Go to seatguru.com. Ask your travel agent. We're not responsible for anything until you're actually on board.

I know I'm being silly by throwing my toys out of the pram, but I've flown with them long enough to only be missing 2 of their Delft houses. Do these guys think I'll book any future flights with them, or let the company do likewise?

I need to kick a dog and slap a child. I'll be better in the morning. Oh, in their reply, they addressed me as "Mr. Male".

Capetonian
13th Dec 2009, 14:20
I find these responses, as reported, completely unacceptable. I feel that you may have used a little poetic licence here?

I fly frequently with KLM and have never been treated in this way by any KLM employee or sub-contractor.

You may also find that you were directed to KLM's outsourced call centre, called Cygnific. This is not an excuse for such poor service, KLM are their main customer and as such responsible for a maintenance of standards.

By the way the answers to your questions, based on my recent experiences, are :
a) Unlikely but if you ask you may do
b) Not on any of the longhaul aircraft I've been on recently
c) Almost certainly not

KLM have recently introduced an 'economy comfort' seating zone, which is the front few rows of economy. The seats offer a few extra inches of legroom and a better recline. There are bookable in advance for €120/150 depending on route, but often discounted on departure. If you are tall then probably worthwhile at the full rate, otherwise probably not. Catering and service is standard economy.

Bushfiva
13th Dec 2009, 14:25
I feel that you may have used a little poetic licence here?

Actually, it's the closest to a FOAD email I think I've ever received.

Capetonian
13th Dec 2009, 14:31
Hmmm. I had to look up the meaning of FOAD ...... I like it ....!
Urban Dictionary: F.O.A.D (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=F.O.A.D)

May I then challenge you to post the email here, removing any names concerned.

I don't work for KLM or any of its subsidiaries and am in no way connected with them, I am just trying to be objective.

Bushfiva
13th Dec 2009, 14:36
I won't post here immediately for two reasons:

Firstly, I made it clear to you and KLM that I've flown C for decades,

Secondly, I've offered the person who sent me the initial email an opportunity to reconsider its content.

(and slightly thirdly, having almost all the Delft houses, I'm not sure I need to prove myself to Capetonian :-)

Capetonian
13th Dec 2009, 14:43
I don't see why the fact that you've flown KLM for 'decades' is relevant, and I'm not asking you to 'prove' yourself to me.

I must say though that you do sound rather like Mr. Dick.

From your first posting :
..... but the conversation went something (almost exactly) like this:

Then :

Actually, it's the closest to a FOAD email I think I've ever received.

So was it an email or a conversation? I think you are bluffing (and I'm sure you don't care what I think).

Bushfiva
13th Dec 2009, 14:51
Oh, Capetonian, you lured me into you trap.

Dear Mr Male,

We thank you for your e-mail.

You can check Airline Seating Charts - Best Airplane Seats - SeatGuru (http://www.seatguru.com).
Hopefully you can find all the answers for the questions you have.
Since your reservation was made through a travel agency, all pre-departure requests, inquiries and changes should be directed to the original travel agency for handling.
Responsibility for the reservation shifts to the airline only after the first ticketed flight has been flown. We hope we have informed you sufficiently.

Kind regards,

Xxxxxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxx
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Subject:=other
Title:=male
Last name:=Xxxxxxx
Initials:=X X
Country of residence:=XX
mailFrom:=xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Booking code or e-ticket number:=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Flying Blue or World Perks number:=xxxxxxxxxxxx
Telephone number:=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Question or remark:=My wife and I are flying XXX-AMS-XXX on XXXXX on KLXXX. We've flown this route many times over the decades (I'm only missing two Delft houses) , but this is our first time in Coach. I have some silly questions I have not been able to find an answer to:
1) Are there any seats in Coach with seat power available?
2) Is there locker space for suit jacket and overcoat?
3) Is bottled water distributed in the cabin?

With regards (en ook groetjes)

(Er, I'm not responsible for the wavy handy thingies. Vbulletin is.)

Capetonian
13th Dec 2009, 15:02
Ummm .....

Then firstly I retract what I said, with an apology to you, perhaps I was a bit harsh in implying that you were bluffing, and I have to say this is appalling. It's a standardised response, and a very poor one at that, and your questions deserve better repsonses, even if you were not a loyal KLM customer.

L'aviateur
13th Dec 2009, 15:15
Not an altogether irrelevent question, as with Finnair in economy they supply bottled water and have in seat laptop power.
Can't remember seeing coat hangers for economy passengers on any airline.

apaddyinuk
13th Dec 2009, 19:32
F.O.A.D.....Oh I LOVE IT!!!! Im so going to remember that. It can be my new word of the month....no TEXT of the month! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But seriously...I doubt many airline reps would actually know what seatguru was unless they are a bit geeky like myself!

c2lass
14th Dec 2009, 18:31
I totally agree re KLM customer care. I wished I had kept some of the responses I have received in trying to get answers to questions.

I have a thread further posted a few days ago (sadly nobody has answered) re my ongoing problems with KLM and some of my frustrations are detailed there.

ash666
16th Dec 2009, 16:47
Do KLM have seat power in busy class?

I've not flown with them for years when they double booked me and tried to bump me off the flight when I was in transit and they just laughed in my face when I complained.

deltayankee
16th Dec 2009, 17:08
Yes KL does have seat power in biz class. In European flights the first N rows of economy also have it -- the same ones that have biz seat pitch. Just book econ then sit near the front. The only other differences are the free newspaper and warm slime instead of sandwiches.

And yes, complaining gets you nowhere.

jackieofalltrades
18th Dec 2009, 16:45
This doesn't surprise me with KLM. Having flown them a lot (I have been FB Gold for several years now) I have met nothing but rude and arrogant staff in their so-called customer service. One of the dragons at the Crown lounge in Schiphol even said to me "KLM doesn't do customer service. I am not here to make your journey any easier."

It's a shame, because on board the vast majority of stewards and stewardesses are very friendly and welcoming.