PDA

View Full Version : New EZY CC

james brown
12th Dec 2009, 23:55
Copied from Rumours and news:

EasyJet have arranged for CTC to offer some of their flexicrew pilots jobs as cabin crew in January prior to starting again as pilots in February. These are pilots who were originally part of the ATP scheme (self-sponsored pay to fly scheme from 18 months ago). They then worked a further summer with easyJet earlier this year before being kicked out along with the rest of the low-houred pilots from CTC. They will get a couple of weeks training starting next week and then work in January out of Gatwick with HOTAC provided. Money is flat rate £130/rostered day plus payment for 11 days training.

Local union rep confirms, and says money for them closer to £170 per day.

£170 a day for an FA. I need to give up my day job.

lowcostdolly
19th Dec 2009, 13:13
So do I !!!!

I take it all these FO's would go in as main crew. I'm an EZY SCCM and I don't earn anywhere near £170 a day even with sector pay and commision.

However don't believe all you hear from anyone on this as EZY are in the business of divide and conquer at present at the sharp end. It's pilot against pilot (read their threads) and now it seems to they would like to set Pilot against CC or even just crew against crew.

It would also seem information censorship is alive and well.

Here is some info contained in an email sent to my home address by Unite who didn't exactly gain credibility this week with the BA issue. However knowing how things are panning out in Planet 89 I feel there is some truth in what Kevin Hall writes. His letter is sent to the head of the creche that plays at Cabin Crew Management and makes reference to other emails:

" I note at the time of sending this email you have chosen not to respond to the emails I have sent you on the 13.12.09 questioning whether or not easyjet is intending to offer pilots in easyjet the opportunity to become cabin crew for £160 per day. Should this be the case I would question when we were consulted on this".

I know from personal experience TM is selective on what she responds to especially if CC management are not following a procedure. Do Unite know about this? It would appear not so does Balpa and what has really been agreed?

"You may also want to advise the crew (CC) that until we find out from another source outside our own negotiations with you and your team we have no idea what has been offered to the pilots to keep them sweet"

The above quote is in relation to redundancy/relocation packages for CC V Pilots but seems to sum up Unite's and maybe Balpa's position that the only people in the loop are the likes of TM and the People Director who seem to making it up as they go along.

Integrity is one of EZY's company values yet Unite are having to rely on info provided from outside of the management team? Where is the management integrity then :confused:

Also from an email sent direct to the CEO from Kevin Hall again relative to the redundancy/relocation issue but indicitive of EZY's behaviour on anything T&C related;

" I think it is fair to say the least we could from a good employer is that all of it's staff are treated equally and fairly and not for certain groups (Pilots) to be seen as the "favoured sons".

So according to this (not my personal view) our pilots are treated well. I don't think so!!! They are just treated better than the current temp and also now redundant CC who Kevin describes as "second class citizens".

So management don't need our temp's/redundant CC? Of course they don't when they can get them by screwing the FO's and almost force them to do this role if they want to keep "in with the company".

"Furthermore I would it noted that through these negotiations it has been difficult but it makes it even worse when your management team storm out of meetings rather than see them through to their full conclusion. Again an issue i would like to discuss with you"

That is a Unite complaint direct to the CEO re the tantrums of his management team when they can't get their own way.

But hey!!! EZY is a "great place to work" apparently. It's so great our CEO is leaving and leaving us to the Brady Bunch. Thanks Andy!!

Leo and slim shady get a grip guys. EZY are fast beating you to the bottom of the barrel on employement T&C's. You are fast starting to look like a credible alternative :eek::eek:

one post only!
20th Dec 2009, 08:58
I am disappointed by this. We expect divisive comments form management but not from the CC union. Well perhaps we do. Just because BA are not one big happy family don't try and drive a wedge between FD and CC at EZY in an attempt to stir up the workforce.

Keeping those pilots "sweet" is the last thing the management are doing. Offering new pilots starting salaries of £15,000 and no permanent contract/sick leave etc. The guys that were offered to work as CC (but apparently turned it down) are not being treated like favoured sons at all.

Rhetoric like this does not help. After the BA debacle I have lost a lot of respect for the unite union and things like this don't help.

We need to work together at EZY. All groups are being treated as badly as one another. Trying to force division between us will harm all of us. We are a close company (crew wise) and emails like this will not serve to help that.

I am so glad lowcost dolly and hopefully others will look past the few badly worded sentences in that email.

Stone Cold II
20th Dec 2009, 09:42
I think you can safely say the FD will always stand by the CC in EZY.

We had a email from Andy a few weeks ago about low morale within the pilot community and he was looking for some feedback. 1 of our trainers sent him a email and but it up on the Balpa forum, fair play to him he was saying the way Ezy is treating it's brilliant cabin crew was a total disgrace!

Regardless how hard this managment try to divide and conquer the crews I think they will fail and we will stick together.

lowcostdolly
21st Dec 2009, 12:23
I think you guys are right!!!

I don't agree with what Kevin Hall did because as crew we are solid as a rock on board. We are all treated badly by management at present and need to stick together regardless of the T&C's we are all on,our rank or our length of company service.

Mine is quite long in EZY terms as I remember Andy Harrison starting. He was a breathe of fresh air then :ok:

I can't make him out now. He must have been considering his position for some time yet he is still sending out emails re lack of morale.

Wake up Andy! It is the peeps in the management tier directly under you, under your supervision and whom you appointed who are destroying morale.

Presumably they were appointed by AH because of their track records and competency.....the rest of us mere mortals are appointed on this so that's a reasonable assumption.

Andy is leaving to "seek new challenges". Clearly the one in his own back yard is either not stimulating enough or beyond his abilities/inclination to sort out. I suppose when you have gained financially in the way he has from EZY then you can afford to pick your future challenges......

We should not let EZY become another FR or even worse. All of us should stand together despite the union rhetoric/management actions.

As CC it is easy to work to role. We can close/open doors,arm slides and do a safety demo and deal with any unforseen safety/medical situation.

We can withdraw the service to our pax without affecting their actual travel plans which would screw the company's ancillary profit really quickly.

I think the AMB would soon wake up but I'm not sure how the pilot's could join this sort of action within their role? Personally I'm against strikes because it damages the company and affects our pax and that would not be my intention.

However we need to do something as a united workforce whilst Andy is still here. He may listen who knows......:hmm: