PDA

View Full Version : Spring Airlines - Shanghai

Honeyman
12th Dec 2009, 15:04
Anyone know anything about Spring airlines based in Shanghai. They are looking for A320 Captains. Pretty good salary. 3 year contract. Any info on cost of living and living conditions in Shanghai would be appreciated.

Brian304
12th Dec 2009, 23:36
Spring is a medium low cost carrier (low cost but not as bad as ryanair). Has in the range of 10-20 aircraft, if I were you I would go through an agency for this, well unless your chinese, as they may have some specific changes on there contract and it may be a problem in the future if you cannot speak chinese. Though overall, china is quite a nice place to be, shanghai is a little expensive in comparison to other cities, but very international city.

Hope all goes well...:ok:

Honeyman
13th Dec 2009, 00:02
An agency has approached my current company with a contract offer to work for Spring Airlines. Hoping to find someone familiar with the area and flying in China and also how to properly avoid being dual taxed as an expat.

Brian304
13th Dec 2009, 00:13
Yep research the firm well before you jump into it though. I have heard about wasinc and parc and some other firms with some bad news. But overall, if you trust in them, then go for it... you'll be flying quite alot in china.. thats probably a good thing.

Goodluck...

Honeyman
13th Dec 2009, 00:22
it's all for adventure mainly... i'm working for Canada's major airline now and don't mind the idea of working as few days as possible!! Working 90 hrs a month would be a bit of a culture shock to say the least. They agency is reputable - just not sure how reputable low cost chinese operators are.. Cheers.

dodedum
8th Jun 2010, 19:53
Honeyman, how did you make out with Spring Airlines. Any info would be appreciated.

XINHUEI
8th Jun 2010, 22:13
Anyone know about FO position on this company ?