PDA

View Full Version : do i need multi engine rating to go for A320 simulator training ?!

7oodaz
12th Dec 2009, 14:02
hi , i have CPL + IR , single engine ,

do i need multi engine to go for A320 simulator training ? ( type rating ) ?

mad_jock
12th Dec 2009, 14:08
Depends which country you are in.

Under JAR yes you do.

Egypt I really can't help you.

7oodaz
12th Dec 2009, 15:10
what about USA ? or DUBAI or Jordan ?

mad_jock
12th Dec 2009, 16:19
It depends on the license you are trying to put it on.

It doesn't matter where in the world you do your type rating its the issuing authority which dictates what you need to have before you start.

If you have a license already go to your authority and ask them. Also there maybe different rules for different company's and if your a local or not. ie a European might be required to have MEP/IR and 500 hours twin time but a local just needs his CPL/IR SEP

v6g
12th Dec 2009, 18:49
I guess there's nothing to stop you flying your A320 on just one engine - that'll be the way the LCC's go in a few years anyway.

SeattlePilot
13th Dec 2009, 15:33
Technically you can use a Level D simulator and use that airplane for your multi engine checkride.. It's been done before..

SloppyJoe
15th Dec 2009, 06:44
No one else has asked and I am too curious not too. Why do you want to do A320 training before you have a multi rating or a job offer if you dont have one? More money than sense springs to mind but if there is a sensible reason I would love to know it.

Luke SkyToddler
15th Dec 2009, 07:29
Yeah ... go for it hotshot ... an airbus with an engine out is REALLY easy to handle if you've never flown a twin before after all ... why the hell should you bother with spending a few hours learning how to do it VFR in a seneca first :hmm:

... and your training school will be SO stoked that you're spending 5 hours extra in the sim paying 2 grand per hour learning basic assymmetric handling, before you move onto the airbus specific stuff :ok:

lpokijuhyt
15th Dec 2009, 07:40
You can do it. You will just have a restriction on your license that states that you can only fly the Airbus on 1 engine. Contact CTC, I'm sure they will sell you the "1 engine package".